Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

sewNso 10-21-2011 07:34 AM

it was with a sony, a new one i had gotton. and the museum let you take pic's with NO FLASHES. I put the camera setting on high resolution. details, and automatic lite sensor. my daughters showed me how to set it up. those little boogers have a lot of settings if you can master them.

mim 10-21-2011 08:16 AM

I will have to get out the book (read on line) all the settings on the one I just got. The last camera I think I really mastered was a film camers way back in the 90s

Mim

Originally Posted by sewNso
it was with a sony, a new one i had gotton. and the museum let you take pic's with NO FLASHES. I put the camera setting on high resolution. details, and automatic lite sensor. my daughters showed me how to set it up. those little boogers have a lot of settings if you can master them.

Esqmommy 10-21-2011 03:47 PM

Luv - your DJ looks like it's really on its' way!!I think we must have about the same amount done. I haven't touched mine in so long and I'm itching to get back to it. Maybe you and I can encourage each other. Are you back to working on it?

luvmortherest 10-21-2011 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Luv - your DJ looks like it's really on its' way!!I think we must have about the same amount done. I haven't touched mine in so long and I'm itching to get back to it. Maybe you and I can encourage each other. Are you back to working on it?

i am doing a little. i babysit for one of my grandsons so his mom can work. on mondays i have both boys so mom can go to her college class. i am also doing other projects as well. there is one lady on here that is considering starting the cyber sew back up and getting more new people to join in. i think that would be a great idea. as for encourageing each other, isn't that what we do best.

went back and checked and it is Cre8tvwyr. patti and i told her that she and i and you could give her any advice che needs.

sandpat 10-22-2011 05:26 AM

Esq...you should drag her back out! (Jane I mean of course~LOL) I miss seeing yours coming together. She will be gorgeous when finished!!

sewNso 10-22-2011 07:02 AM

Esq, Luv maybe could you do 1 block a day? or every other day? and get her done?
I'm working on hand quilting mine. doing it thru all 3 layers.
still have to quilt and cut the scallops, but i hope they are all going to be done from the piece i have put on around the edge.
Brenda's pattern seemed to make the scallops a little more pointy than some others i have seen. i'm wondering if i can do the bias binding and get it down in between each scallop.
did any of you other ladies use brenda's pattern exactly, and have success with it as one long piece? instead of indiv scallops?

sandpat 10-22-2011 04:13 PM

Sew...you know I didn't, but I think you should be fine. Its just an "innie" angle really. You might do that little clip right down in the bottom of the angle, but it should work...*fingers crossed*!

sewNso 10-23-2011 08:23 AM

i'm going to give it my best shot. later. you, the book or someone said to be sure and practice putting the binding on with practice scallops lst. so i will surely do that. my husband was wanting to start the motor home again and head to N.M. to deed over some land we have out there to a niece.
think i talked him out of it. the CC 's haven't come in and been paid from the last trip!!.
i just have jane back in the dining room, and want to get the lst half of the quilting done. and i am behind on a couple quilts i needed last month for gifts.

QuiltswithConvicts 10-23-2011 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by sewNso
i'm going to give it my best shot. later. you, the book or someone said to be sure and practice putting the binding on with practice scallops lst. so i will surely do that. my husband was wanting to start the motor home again and head to N.M. to deed over some land we have out there to a niece.
think i talked him out of it. the CC 's haven't come in and been paid from the last trip!!.
i just have jane back in the dining room, and want to get the lst half of the quilting done. and i am behind on a couple quilts i needed last month for gifts.

Aw, shucks - thought for a minute, you'd drop by to visit! Where in NM is the land?

sewNso 10-23-2011 03:09 PM

about 2 acres in melrose. where are you? south of portalis? great peanuts from there.