Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Butterflyspain 12-02-2009 01:35 PM

I am lurking, but you are all so excited its infectious. Will be joining you on this one as the blocks are just the right size to carry around with me and sew. Ages ago I said I was doing asian fabrics and Ithink I will have to put in a few batiks as well, however I intend to use black as my background. I really like the one in the software book which is on point with black on point blocks between. Without going downstairs I canīt remember the name of the person who made it.

Janstar 12-02-2009 05:18 PM

I'm using up my scraps on a cream muslin background. I have everything except the bolt of muslin. That's next! It will be interesting to see everyone's perspective on how they will do their own quilt. It will be a spectacular gallery!!!!!!!!!!

MoodyKim 12-02-2009 05:53 PM

How many yards are on a bolt? Is it any cheaper to buy fabric by the bolt. :) I am a newbie

bearisgray 12-02-2009 06:02 PM

The number of yards on a bolt varies -

I was hoping for definite/absolute answers when I started sewing and quilting - the more I do it, the more I learn that there are almost always variations and exceptions to guidelines.

Janstar 12-02-2009 06:03 PM

There are around 25 yds of the muslin on a bolt. That's more than we'll need but it is good to have on hand for backing other quilts. Plus it's all in the same dye lot which can be very important. Regular fabric has about 15 yds to a bolt. Prices vary place to place but mine is $2.99 a yard. Quilter's lament: 'You can always use it for something!'

montanaquilter 12-02-2009 06:30 PM

can't wait to start this project! going to be buying the software soon. i'm a little intimidated about the paper piecing of some of the blocks since i've never done this type before!! hopefully i can learn quickly!! can't decide what colors to do??!! oh well more trips to the LQS won't hurt too badly!!

Icandothat 12-02-2009 06:57 PM

I,too, was several pages behind in this thread. Not sure why I haven't been receiving update notifications.
I plan to be a part of the cyber block party in January.
Looking forward to the challenge and working with each of you. I know I will learn a lot.

kluedesigns 12-02-2009 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by kosmos

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
i just started counting up the names of the people who will be in the Cyber Block Party (drum roll please)

its 56

how incredible will that be at the end and there's 56 pics of various jane quilts posted on the forum.

Am I on the list?

yes

kluedesigns 12-02-2009 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by MoodyKim
Help, I can't make up my mind on background fabric :!: I was going with white. Then I seen the black one that the link was posted for it is so neat I love the way it looks. just can't make up my mind. Are some of you doing dark or mostly white or cream? I feel like I am behind already :-) DD is getting me the software for christmas while I am waiting for it I am working on PP tut.

i'm using indigo and a couple other people are too.

its the darkest blue you can buy without it being a black.

i like the janes that have a dark background - its not as common as the light background janes.

kluedesigns 12-02-2009 07:36 PM

sorry for not being here much today. i've been locked in a room sorting all the dear jane christmas swap blocks.