Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 December 2011 House BOM picture's. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-december-2011-house-bom-pictures-t170486.html)

Andii 12-15-2011 05:30 PM

rwquilts, you are the bomb!:thumbup: Your blocks look so good together. I love the schoolhouse with the planter and the door frame and flag. I love the cows in your barn block and the material with trees on it in your row houses. I love the details. Good job:thumbup:

mimiknoxtaylor 12-16-2011 03:46 AM

rwquilts, Your blocks are great! Haven't laid mine out together to see how they look together but am anxious too. I used all different fabrics for the sky so it have a very scrappy look

littlesurfer 12-16-2011 04:00 AM

rwquilts, your blocks are beautiful...going to be a wonderful quilt...can't wait to see the finished product!

rwquilts 12-16-2011 05:55 AM

Thanks everyone! I really had a fun time with these...even to the little details like hand embroidery work and such...I've never used sky fabric to actually be sky, and wood, grass etc. to represent what it is...was kind of fun! Thank you again SulaBug! Loved the theme you picked! Looking forward to 2012...

hobbykat1955 12-16-2011 11:57 AM

KSenn...love your blocks...This BOM with the theme "Hses" was so much fun and everyone did such a great job and such vision for each one. Can't wait for the announcement for 2012...Whatever is picked we'll all have fun again, no doubts.

hobbykat1955 12-16-2011 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 4784172)
Cute, cute block Irene!

I have finally finished my 2011 blocks! Yea! I changed October's block to something that I could paper piece, although I did love that selection, but just didn't want to do any applique...lazy me! I will put flying geese and other blocks for dividers and such and hopefully get the top finished soon...my DH loves these blocks more than others I've made, so guess I'll have to finish it up and give it to him! Thanks for looking!

Nice combo of blocks. You did a great job...Love the Townhses. Can't wait to see all of our quilts done.

Crlyn 12-16-2011 01:27 PM

Your DH is going to love it finished, and you can't blame him, it's lovely and going to be a beautiful quilt!

whitepine 12-17-2011 07:58 AM

Rwquilts, Your blocks all look great!!! It's amazing how different they all look with each person's interpretation. I love the trees in your outhouse block. I don't recognize the block in the middle of the third row. Is that a different one?

rwquilts 12-17-2011 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 4788769)
Rwquilts, Your blocks all look great!!! It's amazing how different they all look with each person's interpretation. I love the trees in your outhouse block. I don't recognize the block in the middle of the third row. Is that a different one?

No it's one of the blocks we did. I did change two blocks this year...the bottom left and bottom middle are different blocks, but all the others are the ones we did.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments!

Crlyn 12-17-2011 05:30 PM

My December block is done, I had no idea what I was going to do for a xmas block so this is what I finished up with.

Another year almost gone, I've enjoyed doing our house blocks I'm sure you all have as well, I would like to wish everyone a very merry and safe christmas.

Looking forward to seeing what you have chosen for next years BOM SulaBug.:thumbup: :)