Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 December 2011 House BOM picture's. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-december-2011-house-bom-pictures-t170486.html)

nickylsf 07-29-2012 07:14 AM

Thank you WhitePine, that is all the encouragement I needed! Will post it as soon as I get home from Sacramento. We watched the Sacramento Mile last night.

Jenniky 07-29-2012 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 4784172)
Cute, cute block Irene!

I have finally finished my 2011 blocks! Yea! I changed October's block to something that I could paper piece, although I did love that selection, but just didn't want to do any applique...lazy me! I will put flying geese and other blocks for dividers and such and hopefully get the top finished soon...my DH loves these blocks more than others I've made, so guess I'll have to finish it up and give it to him! Thanks for looking!

Ronda your house blocks are beautiful. Makes me want to pull mine out of the UFO box and work on them. :) Though I already have enough on my plate so those blocks will have to wait a little longer. :)

nickylsf 07-29-2012 11:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 5402775)
Nicky, It would be fun to see your quilt both on your computer program and then again "in person." I'm going to get mine out and take an unfinished picture. I decided to stop at a twin size :) but still have a border or so to go.

I don't usually like to post unfinished quilts, but since you insist, Whitepine, here is a photo of my Virtual Houses quilt! The real thing, entitled "Gimme Shelter" is at the LAQ right now.

huntersgrammie 07-29-2012 11:30 AM

oh wow nicky you did that. how long did it take you. its beautiful. i could only hope to be able to do something like that. truly amazing. so glad you posted.

Andii 07-29-2012 01:50 PM

It's gorgeous, Nicky!

whitepine 07-29-2012 03:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OMG, Nicky, that's amazing! So creative. Can't wait to see the finished quilt. OK now I'm embarrassed to post mine but here's the simple version of the blocks. I still have another border to put on.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]352301[/ATTACH]

Andii 07-29-2012 06:56 PM

Goodness, Whitepine, why would you be embarassed? Yours is beautiful! I love how you did the cornerstones in different colors as well as the border. It's finished and I love it.

huntersgrammie 07-29-2012 10:35 PM

whitepine although each is different in its own way they are both equally amazing. i love it. again i can't imagine doing something like that. maybe once i learn how to paper piece i will reconsider but in the meantime its truly beautiful. rachelle

Jeanine 07-30-2012 06:15 AM

Whitepine: your's is so bright and cheerful. It will be sooo loved. The lights in the windows look so inviting. A home town. What is the other border you'll be putting on?

chickadee_42us 07-30-2012 06:43 AM

This is gorgeous - love your interpretation.

Originally Posted by nickylsf (Post 5403427)
I don't usually like to post unfinished quilts, but since you insist, Whitepine, here is a photo of my Virtual Houses quilt! The real thing, entitled "Gimme Shelter" is at the LAQ right now.