Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 December 2012 BOM block pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-december-2012-bom-block-pictures-t207373.html)

SulaBug 12-30-2012 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by CajunBear (Post 5743789)
This is my December BOM Block. I love Christmas!

Hugs,
Cajun

Cajun.................Wow, I love Christmas too!! :D The colors in your December block are awesome. They look so well together. Now I am anxious to see a picture of all of your blocks put together for this year. I hope you & everyone who has participated in this project have enjoyed the whole year. I know that I sure have. I am hoping to see everyone again starting in January 2013!!
:D :D :D :D

SulaBug 12-30-2012 12:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
You have all motivated me to share a picture of all of my 2012 BOM blocks with everyone!! :D I haven't sewn them together yet, but here is my picture of all of my blocks put together. You might notice that I am hand stitching all around the turkeys in my November block. I am hoping to get it finished soon. Enjoy!!

SulaBug 12-30-2012 12:12 PM

Now that I am looking at my pictures, I see that you can hardly notice the hand stitching around my November block. Sorry about that!! :D I am using black thread to blanket stitch around the turkey toward the bottom. When I get it finished, I will share a close up shot then.

lovelyl 12-30-2012 12:30 PM

I am loving how everyone's Dec. block and finished quilts look! Everyone has done such a great job! I am torn between sewing my blocks together or quilting and binding each block separately. I have a spot on my wall that is about 20" square as you go up my stairs where I have been wanting something seasonal to hang. With these blocks, I could change them on a monthly basis. Decisions, decisions.... I like both ideas...
Everyone - Have a safe and happy New Year!

bibliostone 12-30-2012 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by lovelyl (Post 5750340)
I am loving how everyone's Dec. block and finished quilts look! Everyone has done such a great job! I am torn between sewing my blocks together or quilting and binding each block separately. I have a spot on my wall that is about 20" square as you go up my stairs where I have been wanting something seasonal to hang. With these blocks, I could change them on a monthly basis. Decisions, decisions.... I like both ideas...
Everyone - Have a safe and happy New Year!

I think doing them individually is a wonderful way to use these blocks. Maybe I'll do that with my other set.

Veronica 12-30-2012 01:33 PM

Ladies, I just love all your quilts!

CajunBear 12-30-2012 02:37 PM

My 2012 Blocks Laid Out

1 Attachment(s)
Okay here is a photo I made from EQ7 after I got my block into it. I've been playing with sashing, borders..etc. Just can't decide, but here is my basic layout.

Any suggestions anyone? I have Jean working on it as she has EQ7 also...

Hugs,
Cajun

CajunBear 12-30-2012 03:01 PM

Another layout....my last I promise.

1 Attachment(s)
How does this one look?

Hugs,
Cajun

thomp116 12-30-2012 05:33 PM

Love the second one, Cajun.

I pooped out in November, but I finished my turkey in mid-December (just haven't posted a picture yet). I figure I still have tomorrow to come in under the wire with December. Hopefully, I will get it done. Dealing with a non-working furnace :(

CajunBear 12-31-2012 11:21 AM

Thanks that one is growing on me also. Just don't if I want the blocks in between smashing s!

Hugs,
Cajun