Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1-February-2014 BOM Squares & Rectangles Photo's. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-february-2014-bom-squares-rectangles-photos-t240094.html)

SulaBug 02-01-2014 12:43 AM

1-February-2014 BOM Squares & Rectangles Photo's.

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Again,

I am starting with a photo of the two blocks that I have made for February. I hope you enjoy looking at them. I chose to stay with the same color theme, that I did for last year, so by the end of this year, I will have a bigger quilt. These were so fun to make. I can hardly wait to see what you ladies will come up with for your new blocks!!
:D :D :D :D

patricej 02-01-2014 01:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my Squares Within Squares block, with sashing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]459808[/ATTACH]

patricej 02-01-2014 01:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is Squares Upon Squares - also with sashing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]459809[/ATTACH]

SulaBug 02-01-2014 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ (Post 6547804)
Here is Squares Upon Squares - also with sashing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]459809[/ATTACH]

Patrice...........your blocks have turned out Great!! :D I love the different interpretation's that we can make with these pattern's. Thank You for sharing with all of us!!

patricej 02-01-2014 01:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
i grabbed a stack of 24 different fat quarters and some cream background fabric. (about a yard and a half.)
i got two lap-sized tops out of that and still have leftovers from the fat quarters.
these two will go along with others my friend and i are making to donate to a nursing home. :)

for the first top, i set the blocks into sashing that's about 2-1/2" wide, with a plain 3" border.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]459810[/ATTACH]
for the second, i used 1" sashing and threw together a pieced border from the leftovers. i haven't measured yet, but i think i could squeeze enough pieces out of the fat quarters to make blocks for two more tops.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]459811[/ATTACH]

SulaBug 02-01-2014 02:21 AM

WOW, your quilt tops, using the February pattern's turned out wonderful. It looks to me like you have been one busy quilt maker, that's for sure. Thank you again for sharing & we look forward to seeing them when you are all finished!!

cindynvb 02-01-2014 03:10 AM

I love your color choices and really like the scrappy border on the second one.
cindy

Ms Kay 02-01-2014 07:16 AM

What pattern did you use? I would like to try to make one.

patricej 02-01-2014 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ms Kay (Post 6548260)
What pattern did you use? I would like to try to make one.

i just used the block patterns from QuiltersCache.
no pattern for the block layouts.
i just alternated the blocks along each row.

both tops have blocks that are going in wrong directions.
i was able to fix one of them, but the other one would take too long.
i'll just make a replacement of that top for the nursing home and keep the goofy one for myself.

i am going tomorrow to get what i need to create a decent design "wall." LOL

pattilynn 02-01-2014 08:49 PM

My blocks of the month

4 Attachment(s)
Here are the blocks I have made. I already have a black, red and white quilted started, so I made 2 color ways.
I hope you enjoy. I hope they upload correctly