Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 January 2010 BOM pictures for January Sunflower Block. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-january-2010-bom-pictures-january-sunflower-block-t32847.html)

jacquemoe 01-25-2010 12:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Was this a hard block or is it me? I'm impressed with all the piecers that do such a wonderful job. I didn't have a problem with the lay out but my points aren't good enough for me. I measured twice and cut once. I did get lazy and didn't change my 1/4" foot so that may have had a lot to do with my problem. I've made two and I'm not sure I'm going to try it again just yet. I do have the rest of the month, right? LOL
Okay, I'll post my picture :-(
Oh my, the picture shows how awful it is. All I have are scraps to use.

patricej 01-25-2010 01:10 PM

it's the strangest thing. some blocks look really complicated but turn out to go together easily. this one looked easy but ... a bit tricky in spots. some of my points got their tips snipped off, too.

i look at this this way ... these are flower blocks. in nature, how many flowers are perfectly perfect?

none.

and yet, they are all perfectly beautiful.

i'm happy with mine just the way it is. :-)

Lisa773 01-25-2010 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by jacquemoe
I didn't have a problem with the lay out but my points aren't good enough for me.

I think your block is beautiful! I love your color combination. Don't be so critical of yourself, you did a great job. My points didn't all turn out how I'd like either, but fortunately this quilt will be for ME and not given away as a gift. I can live with the points as they are.

Lisa773 01-25-2010 01:18 PM

I'm starting to twiddle my thumbs waiting for the next block. I know it's only the 25th but I can't wait to see February's block.

brushandthimble 01-25-2010 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa773
I'm starting to twiddle my thumbs waiting for the next block. I know it's only the 25th but I can't wait to see February's block.

It is posted under Feb BOM, check it out

SulaBug 01-25-2010 01:53 PM

Hey Girls!! :D
Everyone's blocks are Beautiful!! :D Don't be so hard on yourselves, just realx & enjoy making them. I haven't seen one yet that I wouldn't put into a quilt, if it were mine. Let's keep having fun & enjoy sharing with each other. Next, we will be moving on to the February BOM!! YIKES!! :D It came faster than I thought it would!!
:D :D :D :D

Lizzydripping 01-25-2010 02:02 PM

Thanks Cheryl. This is the first time I've done anything like this and enjoyed making the sunflower block. Your support has been terrific!

Now on to February - it's all very exciting.

Lisa773 01-26-2010 02:47 AM

Wonderful! Going there now. Thanks.

mrspete 01-26-2010 05:19 AM

It is a lovely block. I am a blue nut. I love blues and the back color sets it off so nicely. Can you imagine what a wonderful setting it would be to see all of our blocks in one quilt. Oh Lordy! Well, I guess we will in one way. Keep on stitchin'. I love this site. You gals are dynamite!
snicker and I'm a poet. ;-)

brushandthimble 01-28-2010 01:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I made this today and cut out Feb's block that I will be putting together tomorrow.

Jan BOM
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64409[/ATTACH]