Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 January 2010 BOM pictures for January Sunflower Block. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-january-2010-bom-pictures-january-sunflower-block-t32847.html)

SulaBug 02-02-2010 12:15 PM

Feather's,

Your block is so pretty!! I love your colors & fabric prints. Way to go GIRL!! :thumbup: I just can't tell everyone enough times, how special this has been for me to host the January BOM. Now, it's on to February & I am struggling with this block, but I am determined to get it right!!
Cheryl
:D :D :D

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 02-02-2010 12:25 PM

Mickey, I just love your day-glo fabric. That will turn into an awesome quilt.

Feathers 02-03-2010 07:12 AM

Mishi: Your block is knocking my socks off! It's so pretty and it seems to just move and swirl. Good job. I love it.

Cheryl: Thank you for your kind words. I know what you mean about feeling so good about being able to chose a block for everyone to try. I got to choose a block a couple years ago and I chose the Christmas Sock for Santa for our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. That project took on a life of it's own and I'm so excited it did. It's been a fun project and such a great way to show our young men and women in the service that we appreciate the sacrifices they are making for all of us.

I'm HOT to do the BOM's this year. Now that I have Jan/Feb blocks done, I can't wait for March! :lol:

Mishi 02-03-2010 12:40 PM

Thanks for the kind comments everyone! I've ended up really liking the fabric I used in the middle of the star - unfortunately I only bought a precut fat quarter of it. I'm planning on going back to the LQS on Friday to see if I can get a couple of metres more of it. Hopefully, they still have some!

I love seeing all the blocks being posted - they all look fantastic and every one is so different looking. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's take on each of the blocks for this BOM!

Rainbow 02-03-2010 01:12 PM

OH !!! I love the scrappy idea !!!! My scraps are exploding !!!!

aberi 02-03-2010 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by mickey
well i decided to try the bom this year so here is january's block

Great block ...love the colours!

aberi 02-03-2010 01:15 PM

Feathers your colour choice is great !!! REally stunning altogether!

Ducky 02-03-2010 08:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I did my January BOM tonight. I've decided I want to do a colorful batik sampler from these. My granddaughter loves to play with the camera, and when I uploaded this picture, I realized her fingerprints are on the lense, so forgive the fuzziness.

SulaBug, this was a really fun block to make -- thank you for suggesting it!!!!!

sringh 02-03-2010 08:45 PM

WHERE OH WHERE DID YOU GET THAT GORGEOUS SUNLOWER FABRIC. I JUST LOVE IT?

Ducky 02-03-2010 08:50 PM

Thank you!!! I've been collecting batiks for a few years now - and most of it has been online. Can't tell you where I found it, though.