Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1-January-2014 Block/Projects of the month PHOTO'S. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-january-2014-block-projects-month-photos-t237850.html)

Jenniky 01-01-2014 01:27 PM

Patrice and Sulabug I would be willing to take a month and select and share a project pattern. :thumbup: Just let me know what month you would like me to take. I'm open to any month. :)

Mariposa 01-01-2014 04:32 PM

Sulabug--great idea for a project! Thanks for taking this on! :) Can you tell us what size of squares you used for the bigger box? Happy sewing all!

Mariposa 01-01-2014 04:33 PM

oops! Posted on wrong thread!

mawluv 01-01-2014 04:46 PM

Sulabug, your boxes are great! Thanks for doing this thread. I'll be looking forward to each project!

SulaBug 01-02-2014 01:23 AM

[h=1]2014 Quiltingboard Project of the Month[/h]
Here is the thread that PatriceJ posted with the information that you may be looking for to participate with all of us in this new Project of the Month 2014 idea. We are so looking forward to seeing everyone join in this year. Let the FUN begin!!
:D :D :D :D

frenchfryqueen 01-02-2014 08:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I was one of the original posters of this tutorial link on QB-- I love that everyone has started making them and it's become so popular. I can only imagine that the original blogger is very thankful for the increase in her website traffic. lol.

I have made several more of these since I found the tutorial, and gave them away as Christmas presents filled with candy and homemade Cinnabon popcorn.

I like to make mine with 14" blocks with 2.5" corners. It gives them a nicely rounded opening at the top. Sula, I love your bread basket idea!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]454395[/ATTACH]

Why yes, my deep freezer does block my back door. lol. It was the only space in our apartment we had to put it!

grandmaof3 01-02-2014 10:07 AM

How do I join the project of the Month? Sounds ike fun and I really like your boxes.

lawsonmugs 01-02-2014 10:36 AM

Sulabug,these are so cute. I made one last year. (sooo long ago lol) They are fun and easy and fast. Love the large one. I made mine starting with a 11" SQ. I don't think I still have a picture or I would post it. I'm gonna follow this thread each month.I love smaller projects. They are great for swaps on here. Thanks for the thread. Happy new Year all. Mary

Barbara Lee 01-02-2014 10:46 AM

Where do I find the pattern. Would Like to make some.

SulaBug 01-02-2014 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by frenchfryqueen (Post 6488027)
I was one of the original posters of this tutorial link on QB-- I love that everyone has started making them and it's become so popular. I can only imagine that the original blogger is very thankful for the increase in her website traffic. lol.

I have made several more of these since I found the tutorial, and gave them away as Christmas presents filled with candy and homemade Cinnabon popcorn.

I like to make mine with 14" blocks with 2.5" corners. It gives them a nicely rounded opening at the top. Sula, I love your bread basket idea!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]454395[/ATTACH]

Why yes, my deep freezer does block my back door. lol. It was the only space in our apartment we had to put it!

I am so glad that you found this new project & I just have to let you know that I found your Tutorial right here on the Quilting Board. I liked it so much that I just knew I had to start out the New Year with this wonderful pattern. Thank You for sharing it with us, in our Links & Resources!! I am so hooked on them & enjoying every minute of creating a new fabric box for an upcoming gift!!
:D :D :D :D