Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1-July-2014 Block of the Month photo's. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-july-2014-block-month-photos-t249445.html)

mimiknoxtaylor 07-07-2014 10:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]481977[/ATTACH]
Here's my July block.
Everyone's blocks are looking great. The year is flying by. I'm thinking of starting Christmas gifts & crafts for event at church.

judy363905 07-07-2014 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor (Post 6790225)
Here's my July block.
Everyone's blocks are looking great. The year is flying by. I'm thinking of starting Christmas gifts & crafts for event at church.

Joyce, really like your color placement...your blocks are going to make a beautiful quilt when the year is finished. :)

Judy in Phx, AZ. Where it is 109.2 degrees at the moment.

SulaBug 07-07-2014 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor (Post 6790225)
Here's my July block.

Joyce...........Love your block!! :D When I picked this pattern, I thought of you & the gorgeous color fabric's that you are using this year. Just like I thought, it turned out so pretty. We can hardly wait to see all of your blocks together at the end of the year. Great Work!!
:D :D :D :D

SulaBug 07-07-2014 05:01 PM

OMGoodness.............Judy, how can you stand those high temperatures? I know I would have to stay in the house for sure!! Of course that would mean more sewing time for me, how about you?

Quilt Lover Grandma 07-08-2014 07:29 AM

Have you posted BOMs for other months? Do we send these in or make them and keep our own? Not sure I got in on the beginning of this. Please help.

SulaBug 07-08-2014 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Lover Grandma (Post 6791298)
Have you posted BOMs for other months? Do we send these in or make them and keep our own? Not sure I got in on the beginning of this. Please help.

Good morning,
Yes, we have a block of the month for each month & you can find them on this very same thread. Also these blocks are for you to keep for yourself. It is the hope that when you get all twelve of them done, for the year, that you will be able to make a quilt either for yourself or someone else. It is great fun to make these blocks together & then share a photo of each one so everyone can see your block. I hope you will join in on all of the fun & share your blocks with all of us. Good Luck & have a great day!!

tapper 07-09-2014 03:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Didn't want to infringe too much on my neighbor's hospitality, so put a rush on this one. My machine is still broken....should just go buy new. I know my friend doesn't mind that I use hers but I feel guilty about it.

Here's my block for July. May need to redo this one when I have my own machine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]482170[/ATTACH]

SulaBug 07-09-2014 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by tapper (Post 6792364)
Didn't want to infringe too much on my neighbor's hospitality, so put a rush on this one. My machine is still broken....should just go buy new. I know my friend doesn't mind that I use hers but I feel guilty about it.

Here's my block for July. May need to redo this one when I have my own machine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]482170[/ATTACH]

Tapper............your July BOM block has turned out awesome. I love the fabric's & color's that you have chosen to put together. They are so pleasing to the eye. Good Luck getting your machine fixed or possibly getting a new one. Thank You for sharing your photo with all of us today!!

judy363905 07-10-2014 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 6790648)

OMGoodness.............Judy, how can you stand those high temperatures? I know I would have to stay in the house for sure!! Of course that would mean more sewing time for me, how about you?

Cheryl, it is only 105 today, but minus the humidity you have in Washington it is probably like 82 there. M sister lives in Seattle ... So we notice the humidity more than the heat here. But it is all good when it rains here...:)

Judy in Phx, AZ

FurzaFlyin 07-10-2014 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 6790648)

Had to say this.... But its a dry heat. LOL