Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 June 2012 BOM pattern & direction's (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-june-2012-bom-pattern-directions-t190520.html)

SulaBug 05-31-2012 11:04 PM

1 June 2012 BOM pattern & direction's

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone,
I hope you are ready for a new adventure!! :D Vanogay AKA: Kathleen has picked the month of June for her choice of blocks. She has designed & made her own pattern & is so excited to share it with all of us. The name of her block is: HOME TWEET SCRAPY HOME. Thank you Vanogay so much for designing this great pattern. Now everyone get ready to create. Start your machines & pick your fabric's, we are ready to go!!
:D :D :D :D

Here are the directions I came up with for the June block - a bird house collection to bring some of nature's joy inside.

Home Tweet Scrappy Home
This 12 1/2" block is made with scraps you've got that are left over from other projects
I took a fat quarter from my stash and cut it into a 12 1/2" block for my background. Other fabrics that were to be used for the birdhouses were prepared with steam-a-seam (or some other fusible interfacing) as I cut them for placement on the background block.
Cut: 2 each - 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" rectangles (for house)
1 each - 1" x 2 1/2" rectangle (for side shadow house 1)
1 each - 4 1/2" x 2" rectangle (for roof house 1) I lopped the edges off to make it more 'barn-ish' looking
1 each - 3/4" x 4 1/2" rectangle (for house 2)
1 triangle shape max of 2 1/2" high; base of 3 1/2" (roof house 2) I had fun cutting this triangle - it doesn't have to be straight.
1" strip approximately 7" long to be cut into smaller lengths for house poles
Cut vines and leaves to use as desired.
I had fun placing the different fabrics in place and playing with the vines to make the effect I wanted. I started the first house about 2" from the bottom, cutting the required length for my pole and made the 2nd bird house taller than the first and to the right of center. After I finished mine, I realized my poles maybe should have been darker, but play around with yours until you are satisfied.

Surfergirl 06-01-2012 03:08 AM

Thank you for posting directions for the June block. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

tweety2 06-01-2012 04:20 AM

I can't get it to print?????? Help!!! Thank you

lovelyl 06-01-2012 05:51 AM

Ooooh! I likey! Time to look through my scrap bin!

lovelyl 06-01-2012 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by tweety2 (Post 5257578)
I can't get it to print?????? Help!!! Thank you

I copy the directions and pic and paste them into a word doc to print. I will send you a copy if you PM me your email addy.

Jenniky 06-01-2012 06:14 AM

Thank you ... this is a wonderful June Block.

hopetoquilt 06-01-2012 03:34 PM

very cool and different. It is just what i needed for my growing quilt! I may modify slightly due to my skill (or lack thereof) level but I am excited to get to work this weekend. I have to say that I LOVE every block that we have been presented with, even if I didn't follow each of them precisely. This is so much fun.

kiffie2413 06-01-2012 08:10 PM

What a cute block!
k

CajunBear 06-03-2012 06:28 PM

What a great idea! Love birds and their houses! Will have fun with this.

Hugs,
Cajun