Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1-March-2014 Block of the Month Photo's. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-march-2014-block-month-photos-t242253.html)

judy363905 03-02-2014 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by pbadder (Post 6605630)

Nice fabric choices. That is a wonderful bright green. This is going to be a fun BOM this year :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

just joan 03-03-2014 04:48 AM

Wow, your block looks like spring. Thanks for brightening my day.

SulaBug 03-03-2014 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by pbadder (Post 6605630)

pbadder..........Your new block for the March BOM 2014 couldn't have turned out any nicer. I love it!! :D Your color scheme is so pretty & all three of your blocks look great together. Keep up the good work. We will be anxious to see your April block, when it's time to post that pattern. Hmmm........I wonder what that pattern might be!!
:D :D :D :D

SewExtremeSeams 03-03-2014 01:01 PM

Everyone's blocks look so pretty.

tapper 03-06-2014 10:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
All the blocks look great. It's amazing how different color schemes make a totally different overall look!

Well...I changed mine. I am using 3 fabrics and couldn't find a fourth fabric in my stash that I was willing to use.
Eventually, I'll have to add a 4th. fabric but I will have to shop for it. For this month's block, I used one color for the center instead of the 9-patch. I also changed my unit dimensions and did the block a bit differently than described but it works out to 12.5"x12.5". Worked for me.

Edited to add pic. Pic taken with cell phone and doesn't show true colors. Green fabric is a bit brighter than pictured.

SulaBug 03-07-2014 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by tapper (Post 6612422)
All the blocks look great. It's amazing how different color schemes make a totally different overall look!

Well...I changed mine. I am using 3 fabrics and couldn't find a fourth fabric in my stash that I was willing to use.
Eventually, I'll have to add a 4th. fabric but I will have to shop for it. For this month's block, I used one color for the center instead of the 9-patch. I also changed my unit dimensions and did the block a bit differently than described but it works out to 12.5"x12.5". Worked for me.

Edited to add pic. Pic taken with cell phone and doesn't show true colors. Green fabric is a bit brighter than pictured.

tapper..........your March BOM for 2014 is wonderful!! :D You have done a great job changing it to fit the colors that you are working with. I think it will work out very nicely with the rest of your blocks for this year's BOM project. I only used three fabric's in my block too. Keep up the good work!!

VickiM 03-07-2014 06:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Beautiful blocks...there's going to be some really pretty quilts when all is finished. I actually have 5 fabrics for this quilt in these colors, but hoping to only use 4 for the top & the other for backing along with a coordinating stripe I have. I hope to use the stripe for the binding too. So, just sticking to the 4 for the front, if possible. And it worked out well for this block.

judy363905 03-07-2014 08:18 PM

Vicki. Lovely fabrics. It will be fun to follow your block this year. :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

SulaBug 03-07-2014 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by judy363905 (Post 6614993)
Vicki. Lovely fabrics. It will be fun to follow your block this year. :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

I agree 100% with Judy, regarding Vicki's block for this month. It is going to be so much fun getting to see all of the amazing quilt's at the end of this year. Everyone's blocks are so PRETTY!!

m-fay 03-09-2014 12:18 AM

Looks beautiful Vicki. I have mine cut out ready to sew!