Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 OCTOBER 2013 Quilt-Block-of-The Month pattern & directions. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-october-2013-quilt-block-month-pattern-directions-t231554.html)

Oksewnsew 10-02-2013 09:30 PM

:( :mad: :( Another one...? :(

djmat 10-02-2013 09:38 PM

Oh, come on, Oksewnsew, you can do it with style & ingenuity.:thumbup:

Oksewnsew 10-02-2013 10:12 PM

:( OH yeh right - thanks for your encouragement..lolo You don't know how I get when I have to do paper piece - it's enough to drive me to drink, of course that's better than walking.. :D

SulaBug 10-03-2013 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew (Post 6327484)
:( :mad: :( Another one...? :(

Oksewnsew..............I am so sorry that it had to be paper pieced this month!! :( Let's hope that next month won't be paper pieced for you. I hope you will try to make this pattern, as you will see that it isn't that difficult to put together. Good Luck!!
:D :D :D :D

Oksewnsew 10-03-2013 12:09 PM

Oh I don't give up! I just keep pluggin' along. :o My friend, CajunBear, keeps telling me I 'tense up' too much. I survived the last PP block, reckon I will this one too..lolo It IS a very pretty block..

CajunBear 10-04-2013 08:20 AM

Print Templates from QC

I have discovered a little secret to Quilter's Cache Paper-Piecing patterns...I can't print them correctly from Chrome! lol Just thought this morning this is ridiculous, I have used her patterns for years and never had a problem...then it dawned on me...duh...you are no longer using Explorer for your browser maybe that's the problem and it WAS! lol

My templates for this month printed out just fine from Explorer! When I think about the last time I almost went nuts trying to get to the right scale! lol Just thought I'd share!

Hugs,
Betty

CAS49OR 10-04-2013 08:50 AM

I can't get it to print the right size either. I don't understand why sometimes "print actual size" is in my printer options, and sometimes it is not. Sometimes they just print right without checking that box, or "no scaling" or changing anything.

Once, when I had difficulty, someone sent me the right size templates. Another time my husband was able to print them at work, because he had the option to print actual size. He's going to try that again today.

So, I've had this issue 3 of the 8 months. Could it be the way/size/options when the designer uploads them to Quilter's Cache?

Betty, I just read your post, I'll try printing from Explorer.

CAS49OR 10-04-2013 08:58 AM

Yes! You are right Betty, mine printed perfectly from Explorer. Oh, that means I can take a break from this tedious sewing machine cover I'm making and do the BOTM today. Thank you!

btw I thought I had read all the posts when I typed my last post.

CajunBear 10-04-2013 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by CAS49OR (Post 6330196)
Yes! You are right Betty, mine printed perfectly from Explorer. Oh, that means I can take a break from this tedious sewing machine cover I'm making and do the BOTM today. Thank you!

btw I thought I had read all the posts when I typed my last post.

happy to help, I almost didn't post that as no one had said anything and I thought I was the only one!

Hugs,
Betty

djmat 10-04-2013 11:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm a terrible paperpiecer so I just follow the lines & make adjustments if needed. I always check my piece before I sew though. The blocks that have more than 50 pieces I break out the paper! Math teacher & linear person here, applique and circular pieces are my downfall but I am trying to learn those.
Here's an addition to DDs ugly quilt:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]439676[/ATTACH]
only 14 blocks to go!