Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 September 2012 BOM pattern & direction's. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-september-2012-bom-pattern-directions-t199243.html)

SulaBug 08-31-2012 11:16 PM

1 September 2012 BOM pattern & direction's.

Good Evening Everyone,

As promised, here is the September 2012 Calendar BOM block pattern & direction's. This block is a 9" block, so we are leaving it up to you on how you want to add border's to make it our normal 12 & 1/2" unfinished block size. You can have a lot of fun thinking of ways to add to it.

This block has been chosen by our fellow quilter, Colleen AKA: neeng. She has asked me to post it for her, as she is very busy in her garden & will join us as soon as she can. Have fun everyone & start picking out your fabric's. I am sure you will love making this beautiful block!! :D

http://quilting.about.com/od/quiltbl...maple_leaf.htm

Anael 08-31-2012 11:42 PM

I've seen the picture of Sula's block, it's a great pattern! I will start asap :D Thanks Colleen for a great September block!

lovelyl 09-01-2012 05:34 AM

A perfect block for September! Thanks!

Jeanine 09-01-2012 08:08 AM

This will be great! Thanks

kensington 09-01-2012 11:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Eh... I'd rather work with larger pieces, so I went on QC and found the maple leaf in 12 inch and made it.
I'm good with it. One of my triangles didn't come out on point, but I can go back and fix that if it bothers me too much.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]359522[/ATTACH]

neeng 09-01-2012 06:24 PM

Looks great Kensington, I really like the colourful fall fabric you chose. I have my fabric picked out but way too busy outside for another few weeks to sew (unless it rains!!).

kensington 09-01-2012 06:29 PM

Well, neeng... Thanks to Isaac, it's been raining for two days here. I've had time on my hands. ;) Thanks for the kind words.

Beginner10 09-01-2012 06:39 PM

Thank-you Kensington for the idea to use QC for 12" block as that is what I will be doing :)

I will be looking forward to seeing all the blocks. My "question" is....is the stem ALWAYS the same color as the leaf?
I was thinking of making the stem brownish in color...but did not know if that would look good.

Thanks Sulabug for doing this BOM....will you be doing another one next year?

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. :)

kensington 09-01-2012 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Beginner10 (Post 5484501)
Thank-you Kensington for the idea to use QC for 12" block as that is what I will be doing :)

I will be looking forward to seeing all the blocks. My "question" is....is the stem ALWAYS the same color as the leaf?
I was thinking of making the stem brownish in color...but did not know if that would look good.

Thank you! On QC the stem was the same as the leaf, but I have seen it a number of times in brown or variations. It's your block Sulabug said. So, what you like is what you can do! We have her permission. :D

SulaBug 09-01-2012 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Beginner10 (Post 5484501)

Kennsington............your block turned out wonderful & you are so right, anyone can make their BOM any size, any color or anything that suits them. We are all in this for the joy of sewing.

Beginner10.........I have also made this block before, using a brown stem. So let you mind go wild & make a gorgeous block. We will all be waiting to see your color's. I am sure there will be another BOM next year, as there has been for several years that I know of!!
:D :D :D :D