Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   #13 Mystery Quilt Train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/13-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t278209.html)

Belfrybat 05-06-2016 12:49 PM

Lovely fabric choices, everyone. I'm bummed because I have to be gone most of tomorrow. But will be back mid-afternoon and ready to cut!

QltrSue 05-06-2016 03:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]549440[/ATTACH]Here are my fabric choices. I did shop my stash, but everything looked tired, too dark or wintery. I wanted something light and cheerful, just like these cute banana splits and sundaes! Guess I was hungry when I was shopping and haven't had ice cream since we started our diets just after Easter. No calories in pictures of ice cream! Hope this scale is ok; I'll work with the one-way-ness, as needed. Can't wait to get started! Taking the grand girls to the circus tomorrow, but will be ready to cut Sunday afternoon for sure. Not too long now....

lawsonmugs 05-06-2016 04:05 PM

Sue love that ice cream fabric . so cute. good choices.

dotcomdtcm 05-06-2016 04:28 PM

I have no idea what I am doing. Looking here for inspiration!

sherian 05-06-2016 05:32 PM

Ice cream

Really good looking ice cream fabric and matching colors

klaws 05-07-2016 04:35 AM

QltrSue love your choices! It looks so bright and cheery! :thumbup:
Only a few more hours and we get the second clue. Yippee!!! Can't wait!

Anoka Quilter 05-07-2016 05:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am here at the station with my fabric in hand ready to board this train.

Fabrics are in order from left to right. Fabric B will also be used for the sashing so will also be fabric F.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]549506[/ATTACH]

Should be getting the next clue soon. Thank you for all you do Judy.

paintmejudy 05-07-2016 06:12 AM

QuiltrSue - love the sundae fabric but you won't see much of the design with the large scale? Just guessing about the sze of the designs I don't think you would even be able to fussy cut a whole design. But don't despair, you won't be cutting it today if you think you want to find something else.

Dotty - maybe you will have an ah-ha moment when you see some of the pieces come together. You know you can do it!

Anoka - this is perfect, love the bright colors that are pulled from that beautiful print.

Ok, it is time for me to feed the dog, have my coffee, take a shower, read over clue 2 one more time and get it posted within the hour. See you in a bit.

dhanke 05-07-2016 06:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]549507[/ATTACH]I'd decided last week that I would just watch this one, too many other irons in the fire. But at midnight I thought, it couldn't hurt to pull some fabrics

jaba 05-07-2016 06:53 AM

dhanke, too funny. Wait about 30 minutes and it won't hurt to cut into just part of it either! :)
Anoka, love your bright colors, so summery....