Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   #13 Mystery Quilt Train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/13-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t278209.html)

paintmejudy 04-30-2016 12:29 PM

thimblebug - very pretty choices. Love your floral. The way you have them laid out is good, but a suggestion: to swap B and C if possible? But either way will be fine. You probably will decide with next week's clue which way to go, after you see what you will be making..

thimblebug6000 04-30-2016 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 7537461)
thimblebug - very pretty choices. Love your floral. The way you have them laid out is good, but a suggestion: to swap B and C if possible? But either way will be fine. You probably will decide with next week's clue which way to go, after you see what you will be making..

Thanks Judy, B is an odd shaped piece of fabric left over from a bias binding so not sure if there would be 3/4 yards available... certainly not on the WOF, so will wait to see what directions for next week cutting brings. I have a paler pink, but it looks too dull.

paintmejudy 04-30-2016 02:34 PM

Thimble - you'll be okay, I really like your colors, think it will be great.

AnngelAnne 04-30-2016 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 (Post 7537395)
Okay I'll post my fabrics and maybe Judy can use it to give suggestions that might help you choose your colours. I'm open to suggestions too, thanks!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]549009[/ATTACH]

ohhhhhhhhhh love this choice already, can't wait to see this together.

MarthaT 04-30-2016 05:56 PM

Enjoying this ride, but not sure if I'm actually making it or not. But it's always great fun to tag along. Sewed the binding on #12 yesterday.

SunlitenSmiles 04-30-2016 06:47 PM

I am kinda jazzed about the Black, Grey and White......will have to shop as stash has nothing in this ...... but I did see at the quilt shop a print that would work really well...and I loved it but did not buy any......had no idea what I would use it for.....hummmmm, the wheels you hear turning are not all train wheels.

Bluebonnets 04-30-2016 07:25 PM

Pretty colors, thimblebug

zozee 04-30-2016 08:38 PM

I won't be riding this train because of other priorities in the quilting queue, but I'll watching progress at various depots. I might even share some lemon cake that I plan to make tomorrow.

Cindy60545 05-01-2016 03:26 AM

Wow! Almost missed the train! I was at the quilt show yesterday & forgot all about the train starting. Whew! I caught it! (I did win 2 ribbons....a blue & a red). Will go stash diving today.

Belfrybat 05-01-2016 04:12 AM

Ok, I'm in! I missed the last one completely. It feels like I've been moving for 5 months. Oh, come to think of it, I have been moving for 5 month! But the house I moved from is under contract and supposed to close mid-May so then I'll be fully here. What a great way to mark that event by making a lap quilt.
I keep my fabric at a storage unit, so will go over today and make some choices.

Thank you Judy for keeping the train rolling. I left some breakfast tacos in the club car along with my homemade salsa. Enjoy!