Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   #13 Mystery Quilt Train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/13-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t278209.html)

AngeliaNR 06-18-2016 12:19 PM

GramE--Beautiful!

mjkgquilt 06-18-2016 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 7580283)
Is there a caboose on this train? For more than one reason I couldn't participate at the appropriate time. I tried to board but something was always popping up. Forgot to take a pic of my fabrics but I got one square done this morning. Still have to make prairie points. I just found that clue on post 369. [ATTACH=CONFIG]552443[/ATTACH]
Hope to have finished by the end of the week, it's my sister's birthday.

Thanks for for waiting on me!

GramE/pat, That is a very beautiful block. Love you fabric choices.

paintmejudy 06-20-2016 08:11 AM

GramE I love your block, especially the way you fussy cut the rose and did the points in a mostly black part of the fabric. It's stunning.

Just Jan 06-21-2016 02:38 PM

Quote-QuilterSue-I have been derailed since the beginning of this ride by a health issue. I'm thankful that I am finally in good hands that are addressing my situation and am on the mend. But haven't been to the machine in weeks :(. Hope to get back to it very soon.[/QUOTE]

Quilter-Sue, Been thinking of you and hope you are feeling much better by now.

paintmejudy 06-21-2016 02:54 PM

Just Jan -- first line of your "signature" is fabulous - laughed my butt off. Don't remember seeing it before.

GramE 06-22-2016 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Evie (Post 7561709)
Judy, I love the prairie point border and the beautiful pattern. Now, all I have to do is get going on it -- as soon as I finish that graduation quilt that is giving me tons of trouble! Never fails when I have a deadline. :mad: Thanks again for a great ride.

Ha, I had the same problem, a graduate quilt that was giving me fits. So I stopped to do the mystery train. The break did me good & my train ride will be complete today! ( I chose a too thick middle layer but didn't realize until I had tacked it down to the flimsy with 42 15" lines of stitches. ) hope your troubles are behind you.

GramE 06-22-2016 12:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]552659[/ATTACH]
I think this is my stop! Need a little fix in one corner, but I am pleased with how it looks. I have forty brownies to make so the fix & the back are being put on the back burner. Plus I got my Boomerang 16 blocks back & I want to play with them! I'll be watching for the next train. :thumbup:

The dark fabric with the roses is green & it is Robert Kaufman #ED 1825

sherian 06-22-2016 02:22 PM

love your colors

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 7583975)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]552659[/ATTACH]
I think this is my stop! Need a little fix in one corner, but I am pleased with how it looks. I have forty brownies to make so the fix & the back are being put on the back burner. Plus I got my Boomerang 16 blocks back & I want to play with them! I'll be watching for the next train. :thumbup:

The dark fabric with the roses is green & it is Robert Kaufman #ED 1825

Very nice love the colors and how well they look together.

Blue Bell 06-22-2016 02:34 PM

GramE: How very pretty. love you fabric choices.

Just Jan 06-22-2016 03:15 PM

Sooooo pretty! Thanks for the fabric info. Couldn't find any tho.