Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   19th Mystery Quilt Train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/19th-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t296025.html)

D.Henson 04-22-2018 06:30 PM

Cheesehead, your units are beautiful.

Conchalea 04-22-2018 07:23 PM

true to my expectations, I didn't get a lot done today because our weather was great for riding. I rode out to a friend's house in another town & spent about 2 hours away. Then my DD & SIL came over & we grilled our dinner. Even after we ate & they left, I didn't get a lot done. I've cut all the medium/background HSTs and trimmed some of them. I've also cut the extra 2.5" squares of the light & medium. I don't think I have enough of my original dark fabric for all the HSTs needed, so I'm trying to decide which other dark fabric I'll use. Decisions, decisions.

retiredteacher09 04-22-2018 07:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Safe trip home, Cheesehead!

I got the 108 HST's done. I love having a die that size. It also helps that I am going with constants this time so no digging through scraps. I do love scrappys though. I sewed 10 at a time and used them as a leader/ender project. It worked great!

Hopefully, I will get the others done this week. Then next week, I can work on my LQS quilt top.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]593424[/ATTACH]

Roma Bauder 04-23-2018 08:50 PM

Here I am again ,late just got home from AZ and trying to get things put away and trying to remember where everything is . Being gone almost 6 months its a chore.LOL

Macybaby 04-24-2018 05:12 AM

Those of you that go back and forth for the seasons - I can't imagine what that would be like - when I retire I'm moving south to stay! Though both my adult kids live in GA so moving south will be closer to family, not further away.

I cut my background fabric so there is no changing my mind now. So I have lots of HST to sew over the next week and a half. I'm going 4x too.

whitepine 04-24-2018 08:19 AM

We went back and forth for about 10 years. South was WA state and north was Alaska. Finally had to give it up because there was just too much maintenance on two places and it seemed like we spent all out time packing and unpacking. Well, it didn't help that we were off the grid in AK and took food and everything for the summer. So, we stayed south, in Washington.

I wish I was more of a cook so I could leave something in the club car. Guess I'll just pick up some apple fritters.

Thanks for the reminder that we had two weeks to finish this step. Now I can relax.

SusieQOH 04-24-2018 08:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think I'm up to date.[ATTACH=CONFIG]593493[/ATTACH]
It's the first time I've mixed batiks with other fabric.
The black floral is the fabric I planned to sell but I really like it.

lawsonmugs 04-24-2018 08:38 AM

Susie that floral is so pretty. I love florals. (also batiks,dots etc.)lol. whitepine, yummy apple fritters. There sure are some pretty combinations.

SusieQOH 04-24-2018 03:13 PM

Thanks. I'm happy with it. When I first saw the blocks I couldn't figure out how that looked right - duh- the seam allowance!!!

paintmejudy 04-25-2018 11:13 AM

Susie good choice! Looks great. Using that for the dark will be so dramatic!