Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   19th Mystery Quilt Train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/19th-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t296025.html)

Macybaby 05-06-2018 06:42 AM

dhanke, I really like your color combinations. The dark brown against the lighter background is going to make the boxes pop. With mine, it's the stars that pop, so it's a very different look.

I'm looking forward to seeing more results with all the different fabric choices. This is a pattern I think I'll do again using very different fabric choices.

dhanke 05-06-2018 07:16 AM

Macybaby, I love your fabric and color choices, the stars sparkle against the dark background!

lawsonmugs 05-06-2018 07:23 AM

Oh these are turning out so pretty. I haven't been able to sew this weekend so I don't have anything to show yet. Maybe tomorrow.

pewa88 05-06-2018 07:23 AM

I love this quilt. I am behind but have some other projects to finish before I can work on mine. I love how it looks like an onpoint setting but isn't.

D.Henson 05-06-2018 08:19 AM

Macybaby- You picked a winner with the background! This will be an awesome quilt.
dhanke - Your colors are excellent together. Love the brightness.

RJ 05-06-2018 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Conchalea (Post 8053230)
To RJ & Whitepine-I’ve been riding to courthouses since I got my first Harley in spring of ‘07. I didn’t do a lot of long-distance traveling on her, a small sportster. This adventure has really taken me to some interesting places! Our group split into 3-4 smaller ones since 32 bikes in one group is hard to manage & keep together. Also, some like to ride faster & farther than others do.
I have to admit I didn’t cut all 108 HSTs before my trip, so I work on those interspersed with the new directions we got yesterday. I don’t have enough done to put it together yet, but the snowballed background pieces look great! If I’d get off the computer I might get some sewing done.

I have 04 Heritage softail..that I got new in 04---have almost 80,000 miles on it now!!. totally different ride for long distances---we are picky about who we ride with--no hotdogging--no tavern stops until off the bike at the end of the day---and 6 to 7 is a great group...bigger than that it can be difficult---and it takes longer to do everything--fuel up--eat--potty stops LOL LOL

RJ 05-06-2018 10:47 AM

Thanks Whitepine---I am counting the days till I can ride again as per surgeons orders---but sure seeing a lot of bikes out in this beautiful weather

Chasezzz 05-06-2018 11:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Great pattern and reveal Judy! Thanks! Don't have time today to do all 9 blocks...but wanted to try one to make sure I got it. I like it! Here is the result:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]594059[/ATTACH]

D.Henson 05-06-2018 02:09 PM

Chasezzz - Another great one!! Love your fabric!

paintmejudy 05-06-2018 04:42 PM

Karen, love your reds. It's beautiful.