Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   19th Mystery Quilt Train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/19th-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t296025.html)

paintmejudy 05-12-2018 06:45 AM

white pine - I am with you. More trouble, to me, than it is worth to save cut-offs from snowball blocks. Even tho' I am a scrappy addict, I just cannot find the energy to do something with them!

Macybaby 05-12-2018 07:10 AM

I have also pieced my cut offs into pinwheels and will use them in the border. I only have the medium and light ones, as I didn't plan to do the others as covered corners. I personally struggle with covered corners and can never seem to get them right. If I do this pattern again, I'll cut triangles and a smaller square to start with and sew them together. I never have problems getting the correct finished size when I do that. I know for most, it's the opposite!

I am on the last two rows of assembling the field, and then I can start on the borders. I have the pieces for them sewn, but still need to trim the smaller pinwheels down to 2.5".

lawsonmugs 05-12-2018 07:27 AM

Thank You Ladies for your kind words. I know my block is a mess. I wasn't paying any attention while I was sewing and it is sooo not meeting at points etc. I just wanted to show the pretty fabrics. It was good therapy though. My husband has some damensia and a few other things were going on. I knew I shouldn't have sewed. But I needed to be distracted for awhile. I will show my blocks again when I finish them in a runner. I don't save my triangles either to small for me to mess with. I've seen some beautiful mini works on here though ,not for me. Have a great weekend and Mothers Day.

IceLeopard 05-12-2018 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH (Post 8056610)
dd, I haven't tossed them yet but they look too small to do anything with.

You'd be surprised. My pinwheels are trimming out at 3". 2 1/2" finished, 3 1/2" wide finished if you set them on point.

Retiredteacher- haha it's a scary thought!!! (ADD) :D
It's called QADD. Quilter's Attention Deficit Disorder, a sub-form of Artistic Attention Deficit Disorder. Caused by the purchase of new quilt books and magazines, and the perusal of Pinterest. You're halfway into a project and some new thing you see screams, " You must make me now!" So you pull out some fabrics, and you're just going to make one block, just one to see how those fabrics look in this pattern...and before you know it, you're halfway through another project that will become a UFO in its turn.

lawsonmugs 05-12-2018 11:17 AM

Yes and the cure is lots of Chocolate!!!

SusieQOH 05-12-2018 11:23 AM

Iceleopard- you're a hoot! :D

dd 05-12-2018 12:01 PM

Ooh, pin wheels. That's a good idea too.

dhanke 05-12-2018 12:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
12 blocks down, 8 more to go. I know I’ve already moaned about this, but pressing these seams open and pinning so the points stay pointy is taking Forever, but it really is worthwhile. With borders this should finish at approximately 60x72, perfect size for napping! Thanks Judy!! Once again you picked a winner![ATTACH=CONFIG]594336[/ATTACH]

SusieQOH 05-12-2018 02:03 PM

dhanke- that's wonderful!!!!!!!!!!

petthefabric 05-12-2018 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 8056655)
If I do this pattern again, I'll cut triangles and a smaller square to start with and sew them together. I never have problems getting the correct finished size when I do that. I know for most, it's the opposite!

Is the method square in a square?