Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

thomp116 01-30-2012 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by xsquilter (Post 4927442)
Oh my gosh, all the blocks I've seen thus far are fabulous! I'm on the list but much to my chagrin, I haven't started yet & I keep kicking myself to get going! Life & work are hectic but I'm hoping come Thursday, I'll have my fabrics ready to sew. But in all honesty, the more I read here, the more I'm getting nervous. Some things/notes seem so confusing. Having said that, I know I will get lots of help here should I stumble! So bear with me, I'll be jumping in soon.
Maureen

No quilt police here, Maureen, and if there are, there will probably a bunch of us in trouble!

QuilterMomma 01-31-2012 08:27 AM

I have been so busy trying to get my UFOs done that I have not even started this yet. I have all the fabric, book, ruler, and no time. I am on a quest to complete those UFOs this year so I can start anything I want. Still watching. I may slip a few in to just keep it going.

Jeanine 01-31-2012 08:41 AM

QuilterMomma: That's okay. It looks as though I'll be joining you at not getting them all done. I thought I could. But. . .

Jeanine

TymeToShine 01-31-2012 08:49 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Just finished trying to do A-1 like Nancy did...but went at it just a little different...same end result.

Jeanine 01-31-2012 09:16 AM

Linda: Thanks for the serial pictures! It'll help me.
Jeanine

QuiltnNan 01-31-2012 10:49 AM

Linda, yours turned out so great :thumbup:

QuiltnNan 01-31-2012 10:56 AM

4 Attachment(s)
As some may notice/recall, I'm making a red and cream DJ. I haven't changed my mind about it, but miss the variety of colors. So two weeks ago, I started one from my scrap bin. Here are my scrappy blocks.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]307820[/ATTACH]
My two favs from these are the 2 in the top right. Notice that the horses are on a background of apples - because horses like apples :) I really like the movement in the other, but the background was too bright, so I tea dyed it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]307821[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]307822[/ATTACH]

But why stop there? I also wanted the secondary pattern of the Trip Around the World. I found some lovely background fabric of orange and gold on cream. The store manager noted how pretty it was and was glad I didn't buy the remainder of the bolt as she wanted some too :) So this is what I have for the 3rd DJ
[ATTACH=CONFIG]307823[/ATTACH]

Fraew 01-31-2012 11:05 AM

You know...some of us are just plain over achievers! I'm not saying any names...QuiltnNan...just throwing that out there.

Very adicting isn't it?!? :)

Fabric Galore 01-31-2012 11:32 AM

All of the blocks are so beautiful. I finally finished blocks A8 and B4 to finish up the 1st week. I thought A8 looked so simple. I was tired and also in a hurry yesterday afternoon. I had to make A8 3 times before I got it right. The 1st block I forgot and removed the foundation backing before I trimmed it and it turned out cattywampus. The 2nd block was beautiful until I realized that I had printed it from my software as a 4.5" block and I am making 5.5" blocks. I turned off my sewing machine, turned off the light, and I went and knitted to relax. This morning my brain was awake and I managed to make 2 blocks. Sometimes the one that look easy turns out to be a doozy.

QuilterMomma 01-31-2012 12:20 PM

Ok Quiltnnan, overachiever you are, you beat me. So am i seeing that second one right? You are using your scraps? If I did this, it would help with my UFO problem that is taking all my time right now. I use my scraps being sure to pay attention to colors that do not argue with each other, but each block can have a different value or do I need to seperate all my "values" then go with those? I know not to mix my brights in with country type colors, but from what I see, you mixed it up on each block. I love it. I do not know if that is feasible in my head. I noticed that several people used one main background on their blocks with different fabrics. The pile of fabrics I had were from an old challenge quilt I had from years ago (made top 50 to tour country) and a dk blue batik to set them off. But I do have my scraps that might be the ticket, two 55 gallon drums full. Thoughts?