Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   #8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/8-mystery-quilt-train-ride-its-scrap-alicious-t259478.html)

dear1953 01-12-2015 04:30 AM

wow, already had to read thru 10 pages! gotta keep up everyday with this MQ train. mine are done, just need to take a picture. I'm like someone else, I ended up using quite a few solids but I was able to avoid large prints. liking everyone's choices, scrappy is fun way to use up what I can't seem to throw away.

saw two new babies, congrats to both Grandmas, don't remember who they were now. Both are so cute and precious, makes me want one but guess it will be 4-5 years before we get great grandbabies, but that's ok. Rather have grandkids happy in a marriage and secure in good jobs first.

Grammahunt 01-12-2015 05:26 AM

Is it Saturday yet? How can I wait five days? I fear my darks and medium darks are too dark. But it is what I have so I'll work with it.

klaws 01-12-2015 05:29 AM

Yippee!!! I'm on again. Won't be able to start right away but will eventually catch up. Saved the first clue to my computer. This is going to be another fun ride. Thanks Judy!

Emma S 01-12-2015 05:43 AM

Ms Hunt: Had somewhat the same reaction but I'm almost sure Judy wants the areas these will be placed in to read dark. We still have all the mediums and lights to add.

jillmc 01-12-2015 05:57 AM

Wow....this is a lively group! :). I have watched your past few mysteries, and cannot resist joining in....I am trying to use my scraps up...haha. I spent the weekend cutting a gazillion 1 1/4" logs for a scrappy Kentucky Log Cabin christmas quilt, so these larger squares look pretty inviting! The grands will be here today and tomorrow-hope yo pull some scraps with their "help" and get caught up before the next stop!

AnngelAnne 01-12-2015 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Siodach (Post 7043100)
Hi there I'm hoping to jump on board the train by Tuesday, currently running alongside on a galloping horse :thumbup:.

Quick question for Judy - is there any reason to say I couldn't substitute these 4-patches with string blocks?

I've used most of my larger scraps, but do have a drawer-full of strings which are crying out for attention :D

Catching up on most of my reading, love this idea, what a great one, will it work.....have to read on further to see what the answer is.

Geri B 01-12-2015 06:24 AM

Hmm, sounds like fun....found this thread by accident....will it always be posted on board, or is there a secret passage to keep in touch......I think I want to try this, but if I can't find the rest of the steps it will be frustrating....ok, going downstairs to sewing cave, pulling out my 3 1/2" die and begin cutting..........

dd 01-12-2015 06:55 AM

Just found you! I'm jumping on too. Always like to use up scraps. Can't wait to get started. Like I have nothing else to do.lol

MarthaT 01-12-2015 06:57 AM

Looks like another fun ride!

AnngelAnne 01-12-2015 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by MamaHen (Post 7043585)
Think I'll try & hop on this train too, need something to light a fire under me. When I get there i'll bring the brownies.

Oh fill those brownies with nuts, not just sprinkled on top, please. Can't seem to find a place that does them that way so I can buy just one or two. Can't make a whole pan at home, end up picking at them till they are gone. Putting in the freezer doesn't work either.