Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   #8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/8-mystery-quilt-train-ride-its-scrap-alicious-t259478.html)

Windblown 03-27-2015 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by mom-6 (Post 7142670)
Well so much for getting anything done this evening. Power has been off since just after 5 o'clock. Think a transformer blew out somewhere.

Mom-6 You need a treadle or a hand crank sewing machine, that way you could have worked till dark!

happylab 03-27-2015 10:17 AM

Mom, I know how frustrating it is when that happens. I feel for you. Take it as a sign to just mellow out and relax. That's what I do.

paintmejudy 03-28-2015 06:39 AM

Wow! Fantastic quilting, your DH did a fabulous job!

roserips 03-28-2015 06:55 AM

power outage

Originally Posted by mom-6 (Post 7142670)
Well so much for getting anything done this evening. Power has been off since just after 5 o'clock. Think a transformer blew out somewhere.

That is the reason I learned about people powered machines we were with out power for 2 weeks and I am sorry I just can't stand to not sew for that long. Tada treadle sewing... Sorry ladies you just haven't sewn until you sew on a treadle. I think I have sewn on just about every kind of machine but those treadles are like the sweet sound of a steam train going down the tracks clity clak clity clak....

Windblown 03-28-2015 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by roserips (Post 7144243)
That is the reason I learned about people powered machines we were with out power for 2 weeks and I am sorry I just can't stand to not sew for that long. Tada treadle sewing... Sorry ladies you just haven't sewn until you sew on a treadle. I think I have sewn on just about every kind of machine but those treadles are like the sweet sound of a steam train going down the tracks clity clak clity clak....

Very true Roserips! an with my hand crank I can even take my piecing outside.

RJ 03-29-2015 09:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my almost finished mystery 8....I am going to add another border....not very scrappy but the whites are all scrappy---does that count??? LOL

JeanieG 03-29-2015 10:56 AM

RJ - great job on this quilt. Red, white and blue are always a favorite!

RJ 03-29-2015 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 7145873)
RJ - great job on this quilt. Red, white and blue are always a favorite!

Thank you JeanieG

mom-6 03-31-2015 06:07 AM

One of my machines is a treadle but it was too dark in my studio to see what I was doing. Too many trees blocking the sunlight and not enough candles handy. They were all at the Faire. lol

VickiM 03-31-2015 05:56 PM

RJ...love the quilt in r/w/b...I have tons of scraps I can use to make one too...I will definately do that, but not for a few months. But, I'm really glad you posted yours & gave me the idea!