Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   #9 Mystery Quilt Train Ride - Who's got scraps? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/9-mystery-quilt-train-ride-whos-got-scraps-t261575.html)

baronreads 02-23-2015 05:29 AM

I got my 24 squares done last night. I'm frustrated that they measure correctly at the center but not at the ends. My stitching is straight. I'm thinking about ripping out just the ends to get the correct measurement. Why is something like a simple four square so difficult??!! :mad:<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/4731abff/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

SunlitenSmiles 02-23-2015 05:41 AM

I feel you pain, Julie, I got carried away with the scant 1/4 inch and ended up sliver trimming every single​ four patch.

Oh, well, it was an 'I sew therefore I am', kind of day.

:wave::sew:

AnngelAnne 02-23-2015 05:47 AM

So for anyone that can help me. I was looking at the marshall dry good site, dreaming, and came across a category that was labeled 90 inch quilt top prints. What are those? I can't really tell, never heard of them before. How would something like that be used? Thanks in advance.

SunlitenSmiles 02-23-2015 06:23 AM

some call them cheater cloth LOL
they are printed to look like pieced tops with 8 to 12 inch blocks you can tell because the ruler thing at the top says 90 inches.

I am not sure what you would use them for.....maybe kitchen curtains in a vacation cabin, or a picnic tablecloth.

AnngelAnne 02-23-2015 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles (Post 7102041)
some call them cheater cloth LOL
they are printed to look like pieced tops with 8 to 12 inch blocks you can tell because the ruler thing at the top says 90 inches.

I am not sure what you would use them for.....maybe kitchen curtains in a vacation cabin, or a picnic tablecloth.

Okay, thank you. I kind of got that idea, but wasn't sure. Thanks for the help.

jaba 02-23-2015 06:54 AM

They can be used to practice quilting on also instead of using your pieced top. Have seen them used as a backing also.

tron80 02-23-2015 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 7102089)
They can be used to practice quilting on also instead of using your pieced top. Have seen them used as a backing also.

What a great idea!

MarthaT 02-23-2015 07:18 AM

Okay, I'm riding along, but can't make one at this time. (Too many UFOs floating around my sewing room. Gotta get them landed first.) But I love to see what everyone else is doing and watching the mystery unfold. Y'all have fun!!!

SunlitenSmiles 02-23-2015 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 7102089)

sounds like that would make the quilt sandwitch lighter and less bulky....interesting

BettyB 02-23-2015 07:38 AM

caught this train

I woke up at 5 this morning and could not go back to sleep. So I opened this thread and decided to jump on this train. I love scrappy quilts so this sounded just like my kind of quilt. Looking forward to riding along with all of you. By the way I live in the far east corner of Texas by Ark. and La. and it is sleeting here and expected to stick so this is a good day to stay in my sewing room.