Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   #9 Mystery Quilt Train Ride - Who's got scraps? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/9-mystery-quilt-train-ride-whos-got-scraps-t261575.html)

QltrSue 03-05-2015 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by dd (Post 7115660)
It's funny that everyone uses this thing differently. I just mark the center line, quicker that way. Then I use this line as my cut edge and stitch 1/4" away. Only one line to mark.

The packaging for my rule is long gone, but the thought just occurred to me--I wonder if this was developed before 1/4" feet were so available. It is fun to see how people use it differently. I asked the question because my "directions" are gone and I was wondering if I was using it properly or if there was a trick to it--beyond the obvious! Thanks for all the comments. I may look for the shorter one--it was a little cumbersome for the 5" blocks.

Honchey 03-05-2015 09:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'll be cutting & sewing today.. These are the fabrics I have for this 2nd step...

We already have about 5" of snow...more to come..

MamaHen 03-05-2015 10:12 AM

Honchey, oh what beautiful fabric. But what in the world is that WHITE STUFF!!!!!!! OH NO!! not ________!!!

JeanieG 03-05-2015 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 7116057)
I'll be cutting & sewing today.. These are the fabrics I have for this 2nd step...

We already have about 5" of snow...more to come..

Honchey, those fabrics are just beautiful! It will make a gorgeous quilt!

SunlitenSmiles 03-05-2015 10:26 AM

how can snow be so bad when it looks so pretty......right, looks are not everything, I hear you.

SunlitenSmiles 03-05-2015 10:29 AM

QuilterSue................I think they only came in the one size, that is all I ever saw and the one I have is just like yours.

omacookie 03-05-2015 10:49 AM

Yesterday, at noon, it was 82 degrees but today it is 34 degrees. It s going down to 27 night. Burrrrr Much as I want Saturday to come, I would welcome Summer !!! It is a good day to sort scraps.

lynnie 03-05-2015 10:49 AM

weow have about 6 1/2" of the s word. boy, this winter the s word has become a real 4 letter word around here.
Well, it's after noon here, so that mean 2 more days till quilt clue time. not really, coz today is half over. so we have all day tomorrow and if we sleep late on Saturday, we can jump out of bed and do the final clue. I can't wait. only 'one' day left till clue time. I want to make this one again for sure.

Blue Bell 03-05-2015 10:56 AM

Love the chick fabric. Adorable!

ka9sdn 03-05-2015 11:29 AM

Hi all! I just started watching the train ride with mystery #8. Am knee deep in several projects I must get done but am saving all of these to work on them. Will try to catch up and actually join in one of the rides. Love seeing all your blocks and reading your comments. I did get Bonnie Hunter's Illusions quilt pieced and in line to quilt. That is what I am doing now is working down my stack of "get me quilted". Will keep watching and will be anxious to see #10!!!!!!!!!! Bernie