Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart - Block #11 Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-block-11-photos-t107711.html)

QuiltswithConvicts 03-17-2011 09:00 PM

Thanks, both of you!

connie d 03-17-2011 09:03 PM

beautiful, love the embroidery..

Ducky 03-23-2011 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts

Originally Posted by Ducky
Kathy, I am totally in love with your block! It's absolutely gorgeous. I wish I could just reach in through the screen and grab it.

Why don't you spread those wings & fly over here - I'm just a bit south of you, you know - in New Mexico - in the armpit of Texas.

I tried making those brownies with the chocolate chip cookie dough in them - you know the ones with the globs!

Cheated - big time - box brownies & tube of cookie dough. Think next time I may gently fold the globs into the batter instead of placing them on the top - didn't sink in like I thought they should. WalMart had Pillsbury brownie mix for $1 - should have bought a case! They also have their Great Value brand of cookie dough!, so this batch was under $3. Really yummy, but I wanna try the other way, too, for comparison.

If you start out first thing in the morning, you should be here just in time for dinner.

Oh, I'm so slow! I just now caught up on this thread. You know, it isn't so very far fetched about going out to NM. Of course, this Ducky has put on a few extra pounds and it would be very hard to lift off the ground -- but I'd consider driving.

How did your brownies turn out? Actually, I got the idea from some kind of boxed mix (cannot remember what brand). I thought that it couldn't be too hard to do, right? So I bought brownie mix and made a batch of cookie dough and "globbed". The dough did want to sit on top instead of sinking into the brownie mix, so I pushed it in. I will caution, though, they are addicting!!!! (Part of the reason this Ducky can't get off the ground!)

sandpat 03-24-2011 01:47 PM

Oh drat on you!!! Quit talking about those brownies!!!! LOLL!!! My backside is big enough now!

sandpat 03-27-2011 06:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Block #11

Block #11
[ATTACH=CONFIG]176200[/ATTACH]

luvmortherest 03-27-2011 06:59 PM

beautiful

pattis47 03-27-2011 08:41 PM

I have just finished block 11. Will post pic in a few minutes.

QuiltswithConvicts 03-27-2011 08:44 PM

How's that Razzle Dazzle doin' for you? I wish I had done some other method, but since I have 16 blocks done, I'm not doing them over. Still considering one larger & in Christmas colors. I've got plenty of batiks!

QuiltswithConvicts 03-27-2011 09:03 PM

We are getting some gorgeous blocks now!!!!

It is going to be fun seeing how everyonw's quilts turn out as our fabric cohices are all fifferent.

Beautiful blocks, Patti & Pattis.

Butterflyspain 03-28-2011 01:09 AM

Patti I love those Autumnal colours you are using, this is going to be so beautiful.

Lesley you are far too clever, what a great idea to do the block that way