Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart - Block 4 Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-block-4-photos-t120864.html)

Mousie 09-01-2011 05:56 PM

wow, is that ever pretty, patti! I love how "fancy" those corners look, with the red leaves turning their hands all feminine like.
(leave it to the mouse to put character into all the inanimate objects! ;-) )

sandpat 09-02-2011 05:17 AM

Thanks ya'll....makes me anxious to get on to the next one!

ann clare 09-03-2011 10:09 AM

Patti your block is beautiful. Well worth the effort.

Roxanne 09-19-2011 08:33 AM

This one is definitely one for some ingenuity. AnnClare I love your idea of the one piece hearts. I've cut mine out, but I think I'll use 2 pieces. Patti and Leslie, your blocks are sooo lovely and because of your two blocks, I'm not sure my 2 piece colors are going to look right. I see the need (and improvement) with using the light color at the tips of the hearts. I've tried to fussy cut a little using a batik with light/dark fabric but we'll see. I think I'll put the first one on and see how it goes. I still have not found that damn camera!

sandpat 09-19-2011 06:03 PM

Rox...the bottom part of those heart scrolls weren't the hardest part..it was the top! Isn't that the usual hard part??

Did you look in the car for your camera??

luvmortherest 09-19-2011 09:15 PM

all beauties

Roxanne 09-20-2011 03:35 PM

Oh I don't know Patti....We had another block with hearts similar to this one and I had a heck of a time with those teeny tiny tips! Anyway, I had to sit with my sisters father in law at the hospital today and finished this block. It really looks pretty good (to my surprise) so as soon as I find my camera I'll get some photos.
I haven't checked the car because I don't remember ever having it in the car.
We usually take my husbands better camera when we go anywhere . But I'll check just to make sure.

sandpat 09-20-2011 07:33 PM

Well, whichever way you decide to go with will work up beautifully I'm sure. The car was just a thought :wink:

Can't wait to see these beauties of yours!

Mousie 09-21-2011 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Roxanne
Oh I don't know Patti....We had another block with hearts similar to this one and I had a heck of a time with those teeny tiny tips! Anyway, I had to sit with my sisters father in law at the hospital today and finished this block. It really looks pretty good (to my surprise) so as soon as I find my camera I'll get some photos.
I haven't checked the car because I don't remember ever having it in the car.
We usually take my husbands better camera when we go anywhere . But I'll check just to make sure.

lol, roxanne...don't you know the rule of hide and seek is to always look in the places you don't expect it to be?
funny thing is...many times, if I just relax about it, I will get a picture in my head of where the object is and I will go look and like a miracle, it's there!!!
how in the world does that happen? :roll:

Roxanne 10-02-2011 05:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OOps ....wrong photo

Now, this is the correct one
[ATTACH=CONFIG]265535[/ATTACH]