Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

Lacelady 03-15-2011 08:03 AM

I like it Patti - very sparkly - re the sore hands, perhaps you could wear the gloves when outside doing the chores, and then the cracks might heal?

I have posted pics of my blocks in the making, on the threads you set up. Now the first row is out there for everyone to add theirs, or at least see how I tackled mine. (not that we have started, you understand, LOL).

sandpat 03-15-2011 12:12 PM

Yes Lesley...Mom....I know I'm supposed to wear gloves when I'm doing the chores and for the most part- I DO!! I'm too cold not to. I think its more to do with being cold and washing dishes (or at least thats what I tell DH since when we moved here I lost my dishwasher). LOL!

I have to go look at all your blocks now.

Judy..I'll use the varigated too I think, but I have to use it on the "right" block.

Deecee 03-15-2011 12:33 PM

I have just received my book. Beautiful pics. and clear patterns.

I intend keeping to the original 7" block size but there are some very small pieces in there. Is anyone in the JTG group doing the 7"? If so, has the small size been a problem?

Love looking at everyone gorgeous blocks so far and am hoarding all the tips and info that will be so helpful.

The Razzle Dazzle looks beautiful.

debe 03-15-2011 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Deecee
I have just received my book. Beautiful pics. and clear patterns.

I intend keeping to the original 7" block size but there are some very small pieces in there. Is anyone in the JTG group doing the 7"? If so, has the small size been a problem?

Love looking at everyone gorgeous blocks so far and am hoarding all the tips and info that will be so helpful.

The Razzle Dazzle looks beautiful.

I am doing as the book; i like the look of applique but "quit" easily as I am not very good at it (main reason i joined this cyber-sew) so i need as straight forward as possible. love the razzle dazzle thread. It looks lovely. I am going to keep my at machine sewn everything. I need to use the KISS principle :-D

Deecee 03-15-2011 01:41 PM

Hi debe - I am not very experienced with applique either but intend doing needle-turn as I work during the day so need to have some hand work for evenings keeping DH company in front of the TV.

Ducky 03-15-2011 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Yes Lesley...Mom....I know I'm supposed to wear gloves when I'm doing the chores and for the most part- I DO!! I'm too cold not to. I think its more to do with being cold and washing dishes (or at least thats what I tell DH since when we moved here I lost my dishwasher). LOL!

I have to go look at all your blocks now.

Judy..I'll use the varigated too I think, but I have to use it on the "right" block.

So somebody else in this world is dishwasher-less. I haven't had one for well over a year. Lotion, lotion, lotion.

Butterflyspain 03-15-2011 02:22 PM

There is a great hand cream that I found when my hands were very sore and cracked back in England. Its made by Neutrogena (I think) and its called the Norwegian Formula. Its what the fisherman use on their hands and it really works, your hands quickly seem to get better.

Just looked for it and yes I am right with the name and you can buy it at Amazon or Boots the Chemist in England, available on line and they have a concentrated one as well. Patti, I really recommend this

Lacelady 03-15-2011 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
There is a great hand cream that I found when my hands were very sore and cracked back in England. Its made by Neutrogena (I think) and its called the Norwegian Formula. Its what the fisherman use on their hands and it really works, your hands quickly seem to get better.

Just looked for it and yes I am right with the name and you can buy it at Amazon or Boots the Chemist in England, available on line and they have a concentrated one as well. Patti, I really recommend this

Well done Elle, I was trying to think of the name of this cream this morning, and couldn't for the life of me - all I was coming up with was Scandinavian cream, LOL.

Butterflyspain 03-15-2011 03:02 PM

Yep its great stuff heals hands quickly and leaves them smooth as a babies botty.LOL

Shemjo 03-15-2011 03:51 PM

Patti and Ducky, I am dishwaserless as well. I have one, but my water pressure is not strong enough to run it! It used to run, but got so it didn't clean. The water line to my house needs to be replaced, and it just ain't gonna happen now! When I win the lottery, maybe. My house is over a hundred years old and has original pipes outside.