Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

Ducky 04-16-2011 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Deecee
I attended the Australasian Quilt Convention yesterday and bought a few more supplies - template plastic, a pinking rotary blade (thought that would be handy) and a nice little Bali Pop for variety.

That was after meeting a group of ladies from the Board for a late breakfast.

All in all a very satisfying day. :-D

Sounds so nice, DeeCee. Let me know how you like the pinking rotary cutter. I couldn't get mine to work right -- though, I'm fairly sure it was user error.

Deecee 04-16-2011 02:29 PM

[quote=Ducky Sounds so nice, DeeCee. Let me know how you like the pinking rotary cutter. I couldn't get mine to work right -- though, I'm fairly sure it was user error.[/quote]

I haven't tried it yet, but will give it a go today and let you know.

Edit - Just went and tried it. It jammed up initially until I loosened the screw so it could roll more freely but then it was wonderful. I think it will be good for blocks that get a lot of handling like AOTH. Mine was an Olfa brand.

Ducky 04-16-2011 04:04 PM

[quote=Deecee]

Originally Posted by Ducky Sounds so nice, DeeCee. Let me know how you like the pinking rotary cutter. I couldn't get mine to work right -- though, I'm fairly sure it was user error.[/quote

I haven't tried it yet, but will give it a go today and let you know.

Edit - Just went and tried it. It jammed up initially until I loosened the screw so it could roll more freely but then it was wonderful. I think it will be good for blocks that get a lot of handling like AOTH. Mine was an Olfa brand.

When I used mine, I couldn't get consistent sharp points. Seemed to mangle every third or fourth point.

sandpat 04-16-2011 04:38 PM

Well the points on the block 22 ARE really teeny. I'm doing the 7" block, so couldn't make my petals fatter really. I'll be soo happy when I get to the outer blocks since they will be biggers ones based on my quilt design.

I've never used a pinking rotary but it does sound like a good idea. Maybe I'll pick up a pak of those blades.

Mousie 04-16-2011 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ducky

Originally Posted by Deecee
I attended the Australasian Quilt Convention yesterday and bought a few more supplies - template plastic, a pinking rotary blade (thought that would be handy) and a nice little Bali Pop for variety.

That was after meeting a group of ladies from the Board for a late breakfast.

All in all a very satisfying day. :-D

Sounds so nice, DeeCee. Let me know how you like the pinking rotary cutter. I couldn't get mine to work right -- though, I'm fairly sure it was user error.

I have a rotary cutter with a pinking blade, if that is the same thing.
Think mine is a fiskars, or not...maybe it's an Olfa,... and I love the look that blade gives.
SweetDuck, you are so cute and funny, you make me want to go 'away', just so I can get the royal "Elle" treatment, lol! :lol:

Deecee 04-16-2011 09:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Ducky

When I used mine, I couldn't get consistent sharp points. Seemed to mangle every third or fourth point.[/quote]

Here's a pic of my results with the Olfa brand.

Rotary pinking blade
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185369[/ATTACH]

Butterflyspain 04-16-2011 11:30 PM

Oh that is a wonderful idea, I really didnīt know they made a rotary cutter with a different blade, must get one of those, will stop all the blocks from fraying like mad

Butterflyspain 04-16-2011 11:31 PM

Sounds so nice, DeeCee. Let me know how you like the SweetDuck, you are so cute and funny, you make me want to go 'away', just so I can get the royal "Elle" treatment, lol! :lol:[/quote]

I tell you I felt like the Queen with the welcome I got when I got back on line. It was lovely.

Lacelady 04-17-2011 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Sounds so nice, DeeCee. Let me know how you like the SweetDuck, you are so cute and funny, you make me want to go 'away', just so I can get the royal "Elle" treatment, lol! :lol:

I tell you I felt like the Queen with the welcome I got when I got back on line. It was lovely.[/quote]

Just think Elle, you get to do it all over again when you go on hols. Can I get the Royal treatment along with you when I come back please?

Butterflyspain 04-17-2011 01:29 AM

Oh I am positive you will, you more than me, because its your blog