Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

Lacelady 07-19-2011 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
OK, I did one of the sashings. I think I like it, I mean I do like it. I'm not usually so creative, so this one has really surprised me!!! :shock:

I need Dh's help to scan the drawing so I can put it here, so I'll get him working on it tomorrow. He's on the last week of a 3-week summer vacation from work. Right now, he & our neighbor are outside constructing a home-made sprinkler system so we can water the trees our neighbor planted in our yard - a surprise!

Love your curlies, Kathy, but my nested hearts are only 1 and a half wide when finished too. I cut the original fabric at 2in, then trimmed off a little bit on each side to make the right size, so now people can have a choice, which is great.

firequilt 07-19-2011 03:13 AM

JUst love you curlie cues, I may borrow your idea. Not there yet. I am waiting until I get all the block done before I place them.

QuiltswithConvicts 07-19-2011 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Love your curlies, Kathy, but my nested hearts are only 1 and a half wide when finished too. I cut the original fabric at 2in, then trimmed off a little bit on each side to make the right size, so now people can have a choice, which is great.

Oh, OK!!!! I thought you had made them 2" wide finshed. When I downloaded them, I set my 'puter at 2 1/2" wide. I really liked the hearts, but then went & made the border at 1 1/2" wide. I've been having a lot of "Duh!" moments lately!

I really like the idea of having some embroidery in those sashings. I think the quilt is just too pretty to have those places left bare. BTW, I love how my Block #3 turned out. I thought it looked very Egyptian. The flowers in the corners remind me of those lotus flowers in Egyptian Hieroglyphs.

QuiltswithConvicts 07-19-2011 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by firequilt
JUst love you curlie cues, I may borrow your idea. Not there yet. I am waiting until I get all the block done before I place them.

Sure can! We put stuff out here so others can get inspired. Copying is fine by me! If I can get DH to scan ittoday, I'll post it tonight as a downloadable file for all who want it. It sewed up pretty fast - good thing since there are 8 of them to do! :wink:

deranged_damsel 07-19-2011 04:57 AM

Andrea
I think Im on 16 next. I need to go buy a new iron first before I can get started

jolo 07-19-2011 05:03 AM

beautiful Kathy, I have gotten so far behind, Had to hand quilt a queen size hand appliqued quilt but just need to do one side of the last border and then bind it and can get back to AOTH. Jo

sandpat 07-19-2011 05:17 AM

Kathy, I love your design! Now darn it...I'll have a decision to make when I get to that point....curlie swirlies or nested hearts....oh lordy....decisions, decisions! Evidently I am not good at making them lately!

I'm so darn slow lately...I lack 2 sections of the embroidery on #2..then have to pick the fabric for #3 before I can start that one. Its pretty though...lots of pieces and will probably take me forever!

Ducky 07-19-2011 01:47 PM

Kathy, that sashing is perfect. I may have to "borrow" that idea.....I love it.

Deecee 07-19-2011 02:17 PM

Love the curlies Kathy.

QuiltswithConvicts 07-19-2011 03:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got the pattern scanned in - thank you, Bruce!!! As a reminder what the sashing looks like in real life, I've posted the photo again. The pattern is a JPG, so I don't know if it will show or just be a downloadable image that you can download by clicking on the blue "download" link.

Edit: Having a very senior moment - kept leading the sashing ove & over instead of going to where the pattern is stored. Then I get the pattern up, but forgot to check the save on the file. DUH! DUH! DUH!

Sashing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]229009[/ATTACH]

Pattern
[ATTACH=CONFIG]229012[/ATTACH]