Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

Lacelady 02-08-2011 02:25 PM

Welcome to the newcomers, I have been out all day and just checking in. Thank you too for the nice comments - when you have your books, you will be able to see what Aie used, and it will make a lot more sense.

I have already used some fabrics other than batiks in those blocks I posted, because the colours fitted in with those. I don't see a problem with that, I have appliqued ordinary cottons lots of times, and none of them have ever fallen apart (well, so far, that is). I still say that you can use up loads of scraps in this quilt.

And Ducky you look fine, though I'm not convinced that is your best side.

K White, lovely to see you here, and I agree with you, it was great that Rachel came visiting.

Fabric Galore 02-08-2011 02:47 PM

My AOTH book arrived today and the pictures are gorgeous. I have so much fabric that I will try to use a lot of it but I always end up buying more fabric. My GD will be 20 years old on March 1 and she's a sweetie. She wants me to teach her how to quilt. She still lives in Miami so we are trying to plan a time when we can have a quilting workshop at my house in Sebring.

candi 02-08-2011 03:58 PM

Well, I was hoping my book would arrive today, but no such luck, I guess it'll be tomorrow, but I am leaving on a ski trip, so will have to wait to check it out when I get back.

Regarding the issue with fairy frost, I have bought some recently, haven't used it yet, but did wash it and press it and it was fine, nothing changed with it. I wonder what happened with yours, Elle, how sad, I know it is not cheap!

How fun! It seems like more people are joining! I am working on finishing all my planned projects before we start this.

Ducky 02-08-2011 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
My AOTH book arrived today and the pictures are gorgeous. I have so much fabric that I will try to use a lot of it but I always end up buying more fabric. My GD will be 20 years old on March 1 and she's a sweetie. She wants me to teach her how to quilt. She still lives in Miami so we are trying to plan a time when we can have a quilting workshop at my house in Sebring.

Oh, that's so nice about your granddaughter. That's what I really hope happens with my granddaughter, but she's only 2 1/2 right now.

sandpat 02-08-2011 05:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Oh...so sorry...I had a little typo...I didn't mean "needed" to limit to batiks..I meant to say "need not" limit it.

I found my background today...(I think, although its a long time to go without changing my mind). Its a green- dark olive..but not one that I see frequently. I bought all she had left- 8 1/2 yrds and hope that will be enough!

Here it is with a few of the other colors I plan to use. I'll be pulling more, but at this point...its a start..

new background
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158846[/ATTACH]

maybe this shows the color better-nope..still looks too brown
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158904[/ATTACH]

Still showing too brown..but you get the idea
[ATTACH=CONFIG]159179[/ATTACH]

candi 02-08-2011 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh...so sorry...I had a little typo...I didn't mean "needed" to limit to batiks..I meant to say "need not" limit it.

I found my background today...(I think, although its a long time to go without changing my mind). Its a green- dark olive..but not one that I see frequently. I bought all she had left- 8 1/2 yrds and hope that will be enough!

Here it is with a few of the other colors I plan to use. I'll be pulling more, but at this point...its a start..

Patti, I love it!
Is your background a blender? It sorta of likes that way.

sandpat 02-08-2011 06:15 PM

No..its not..it has a really classy looking tiny texture tone on tone. It also has a little mottling. I think its gonna look good. The only thing I'm concerned about is making sure the little print stays straight...:shock:

candi 02-08-2011 06:17 PM

No..its not..it has a really classy looking tiny texture tone on tone. It also has a little mottling. I think its gonna look good. The only thing I'm concerned about is making sure the little print stays straight...:shock:

Well, I like it.

sandpat 02-08-2011 06:19 PM

Thanks Candi

candi 02-08-2011 06:23 PM

Thanks Candi

And you know I love the oranges and reds to go with them, these are just my colors.:mrgreen: