Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

JudyG 11-03-2011 03:47 PM

I am not giving up yet. I like the friends I have made here too much. I used to belong to a couple of other forums and found the infighting and complaining more than I could handle. This has been the best board I've ever belonged to and I am going to work my way through this new setup. Things are becoming easier little by little. I found my personal pages (which was a big concern) and have been able to get emails again for the threads I want to watch, so I feel it's been a productive day. Who knows what I might learn tomorrow.

sandpat 11-03-2011 03:53 PM

Ducky...be positive!!!! The box WILL turn up! Those blocks just saw your new snow and went into hibernation!

QuiltswithConvicts 11-03-2011 05:04 PM

Ducky, Where on earth could your blocks have gone? What a shame.

I'm still here. I am not giving up on our Cyber-Sew. We all have too much invested in it to drop it now. I'll try to check in daily. I really don't like the new QB little bit! I'm not as click-happy as these younger ones are.

I am working on the applique for the third of my biggie borders. Still have the applique to do, so not near the finish line, yet. Lesley is ready to quilt the 3 border of hers, so soon she will be binding it! Can't wait to see pics!

candi 11-03-2011 07:08 PM

Oh Ducky, surely that box has to turn up, where could it be? Hope you find it soon.

And yes y'all, I am not as disheartened by the change as many of you are, the site is still free and I can still connect with many cyber friends, life is good although still a bit tough to find my way, but day after day, it'll get easier. I tend to make lemonade though, lol. My father says it's a problem if you make it one. So let's all try to be positive here. Ooh, did you all know that we can search within a thread? How cool is that :)

sandpat 11-04-2011 04:42 PM

I'm not deserting the Cyber sew either....I will be checking in here.....

I did get back to working on block 32 last night....oh, how I hate those scrolls!!! I think this is the last block that has them. Of course, I have to come up with 4 more designs. I'm thinking that I might do something else and use them for the 4 corners though....thats a different idea from what I have thought about all along.

JudyG 11-04-2011 04:53 PM

Didn't you already design some of the blocks you need, Patti? I remember them being really nice.

candi 11-04-2011 06:52 PM

Patti, I can relate to hating the scrolls, I still need to a make blocks 31 to 36, I think only one with scrolls is left.
I like your idea of four different ones for the corner..but then you can also stick to hearts and leaves, lol.

QuiltswithConvicts 11-04-2011 08:42 PM

Working at getting my biggie borders finished. I have 2 with the aplique completed & am working on the 3rd. Some of the embroidery is done on one, but the others still need it. This is just like eating an elephant! One bite at a time.

candi 11-04-2011 09:18 PM

Can't wait to see your quilt, Kathy. And BTW, I love elephants..I have once ridden one, and she was HUGE! :D

sandpat 11-05-2011 06:56 AM

Yes Judy...I did design 4 blocks for the center section, but since I made the center larger....I also have to add to the block border. So....will play with that in a bit.

Candi, I know for sure that there are LOTS of the lovely scrolls on block 32....have fun! LOL!