Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

sharon b 02-15-2011 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by imanoni
quite obvious my message didn't go into the right thread, I meant for it to go to the BOM or block of the week thread.

Are you wanting to do the Affairs of The Heart ? if so you are in the right place :thumbup:

luvmortherest 02-15-2011 10:35 PM

welcome :-D

Cuilteanna 02-15-2011 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by sueven
I have been lurking for over a year but when I saw this quilt I knew I had to get involved. My daughter, Felicia and I are both going to sew along. We are using black as the background and are enlarging the blocks to 10". I'm hoping to use all batiks, ahe is going for the brighter the better.

Hi Sue! Your fabric choices sound just like what I'm thinking of using. I'm hoping to have lots of batik scraps from the quilt I'm working on now, perhaps enough to do this quilt.

Butterflyspain 02-16-2011 03:22 AM

Welcome Inanoni, the more the merrier. Hope you are joining in the Affairs of the Heart quilt, if so you are in the right place.

We like to know peoples names here we are a real friendly bunch so can you let us know please.

Elle

Butterflyspain 02-16-2011 03:24 AM

Paula, I do hope your daughter gets her mortgage okay and that she can live beside you, how cool is that. My daughter and son are 4,000 miles away, but always at the end of the phone.

Elle

Butterflyspain 02-16-2011 03:27 AM

Welcome Sue, hope you are going to join us here as well? when we get tothe harder ones we will all be here to help each other.

I had a problem with the needleturn, just me, dead awkward, however I have managed to make a much better job of my one trial block by using vegetable paper (greaseproof paper) as the templates and then cuting them out of the fabric leaving a small turn over seam allowance. Then I basted them. When finished you can can the back (to stop the bulk) and take the paper out. I am a much happier bunny than I was yesterday.

If anyone wants pictures (some follow those better) I am happy to show you.

Elle

Lacelady 02-16-2011 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Welcome Sue, hope you are going to join us here as well? when we get tothe harder ones we will all be here to help each other.

I had a problem with the needleturn, just me, dead awkward, however I have managed to make a much better job of my one trial block by using vegetable paper (greaseproof paper) as the templates and then cuting them out of the fabric leaving a small turn over seam allowance. Then I basted them. When finished you can can the back (to stop the bulk) and take the paper out. I am a much happier bunny than I was yesterday.

If anyone wants pictures (some follow those better) I am happy to show you.

Elle

Go ahead with your pics Elle, there are so many ways of doing these blocks, and what suits one isn't right for another, and if we can find ways round the problem (which you have) then it might help someone else. If we post now people will have a good chance to practice well before start date so they can decide how to tackle their own quilt.

sueven 02-16-2011 04:21 AM

I found that I get the best results when I put the freezer paper on the right side of the fabric pin it on my piece and needle turn it to the edge of the paper. My curves seem smoother and my points seem to be sharper.

Lacelady 02-16-2011 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by sueven
I found that I get the best results when I put the freezer paper on the right side of the fabric pin it on my piece and needle turn it to the edge of the paper. My curves seem smoother and my points seem to be sharper.

Welcome Sue, glad to have another one to join our team.

Roxanne 02-16-2011 06:17 AM

Good morning all!

Welcome Sue and Imanoni--glad to have others who, like me have had limited experience with applique. I'll be the one in over my head, lagging behind everyone else and asking a million dumb questions. I'm sure I'll try everyone's patience , but this one caught my eye and is too pretty to pass up having lots of help.
I haven't gotten my book yet and haven't decided on specific colors but I'm getting lots of ideas from everyone else's posts. So keep talkin.