Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

QuiltswithConvicts 01-31-2011 07:30 PM

Barbara - it's beautiful!!! Wanna make another one?

PKWard 01-31-2011 07:31 PM

I'm waiting on my book to see what is involved and what I will need. Glad I have till June to pull it all together.

Originally Posted by candi

Originally Posted by PKWard
Barbara Jane...your quilt is breathtaking!!! I now KNOW I am in over my head! Beautiful, beautiful work!!!

Same here!
BTW, is everyone doing embroidery on this quilt?

QuiltswithConvicts 01-31-2011 07:33 PM

You are NOT in over your head. Just take things slowly, one piece at a time. Some of us are just finishing up another group sew for a Dear Jane of our own. Most have learned tons about quilting & about themselves. This is a really fun way to expand on what you do know and to learn things you don't know by trying them out. We are all here for support.

QuiltswithConvicts 01-31-2011 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Candi, I am planning on couching pink Razzle Dazzle thread instead of embroidery. Here is a pic of the thread and the foot I'm planning on using, too.

candi 01-31-2011 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Candi, I am planning on couching pink Razzle Dazzle thread instead of embroidery. Here is a pic of the thread and the foot I'm planning on using, too.

How cool! Love the threads!
The reason I was asking is because Ive not done any embroidery, and wondered how the blocks would look without. Hmm...it may be a good use for some of the decorative stitches, hey, this is already getting the juices flowing, lol. I can't wait to get the book, although this project has to wait for now, but surely I can start fantasizing....thanks for hosting this and nudging me into trying something like this.

QuiltswithConvicts 01-31-2011 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by candi

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts

How cool! Love the threads!
The reason I was asking is because Ive not done any embroidery, and wondered how the blocks would look without. Hmm...it may be a good use for some of the decorative stitches, hey, this is already getting the juices flowing, lol. I can't wait to get the book, although this project has to wait for now, but surely I can start fantasizing....thanks for hosting this and nudging me into trying something like this.

Someone mentioned that they might try the triple stitch on their machine instead of hand embroidery.

candi 01-31-2011 07:51 PM

Kathy, I must ask is your avatar a quilt from the Bella Bella quilts book? It is gorgeous, I love it.I have the book, got it a couple of months ago and practicing in other quilts to make one or two from that book.

Sorry to be off topic, had to ask, lol.

Yes, I I'll have to think about what all is involved and what needs to be done when I got the book. Thanks for the help.

tthuis 01-31-2011 08:22 PM

I wanna play too.............. I will be checking my LQS for the book tomorrow. Can't wait. Thanks for doing this!

quilts4fun 01-31-2011 08:22 PM

Wonderful quilt BarbaraJane. Thanks for showing us.

QuiltswithConvicts 01-31-2011 08:57 PM

The quilt is the Costa Rican Cartwheel from "Mariner's Comapss Quilts: Setting a New Course" by Judy Mathieson. It is paper pieced and around 50 some inches square.

Don't worry about getting off course with this group. These ladies (me, too) will talk about anything even if it is off topic. Don't mind in the least.