Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/another-mystery-quilt-train-ride-our-5th-trip-t215243.html)

Nelco 03-02-2013 09:39 AM

I must make a confession --I have not even finished #3 mystery quilt…:shock: I take it with me to sew days thinking I will get it worked on…Why? you ask I have not finished it?….Well I messed up on my 9 patches and need to redo them…and I do not have any extra fabric to remake….It will get done…I promises.

Now for this one…I see it as doable and I can make it for my sister as she likes table runners. I got my ticket for this ride and will be there in the club car with some sweets. :)

Wardy74 03-02-2013 09:48 AM

Oh that sounds great. I think I will make mine in spring colours . This will be my first train ride so I am very excited. THis can be my saturday evening project for the next month. Will shop my stash this evening and pack my bags tomorrow.
Jan

Gramie bj 03-02-2013 09:51 AM

I have never done a mystry quilt. Will give a table runner a try. Need to use up some of my stash, will watch for more post.

Jannie 03-02-2013 09:53 AM

I have so much going on right now, I am just going to watch this ride. Maybe later I will find the time to do. As I have looked thru the old rides, I have seen some amazing quilts.

paulswalia 03-02-2013 09:57 AM

At first I thought JUST a table runner????? But you know what? They DO make great gifts and I just might make one to match the quilt made in the last train trip so that it can be used as a bureau scarf along side the quilt. So .....YA, I'm jumping on board! Now, off to the stash piles......

Mary O 03-02-2013 10:03 AM

My 3rd mystery.Get ready,sit,sew!!!!!!

paintmejudy 03-02-2013 10:22 AM

Florence, you fabrics will be perfect, and knowing your tastes, I think you will be happy with the order you have them in.

And so glad to see so many of you are already on board for this new mystery. Paulswalia, love the idea for a dresser scarf to match the quilt!

And there is no rule that you need to finish an old mystery before beginning a new one! So just dig in and go for it!

happylab 03-02-2013 10:40 AM

I'm so ready to jump on board. I will pick out my fabric later this week and group everything together for next week. I'm so excited. See everyone at the train station next week, Bye for now.

urgodschild2 03-02-2013 11:23 AM

Oh dear.....I have no use for a table runner and don't really care to make one. Trying to think if I know of anyone else who does so I could make it as a gift. If not then I will be the cheer leader up in the food car.....lol I was going to say the observation car but I would get so distracted by the scenery I would forget why I was there. Although picking the food car may not be a good idea either......although I could sample everything before everyone else and let you know which one is the best.

whitepine 03-02-2013 12:14 PM

I'm jumping on the caboose as it pulls out of my station. I like the idea of holiday too, so am thinking of 4th of July, red, white and blue. Fourth color ???, maybe another shade of one of the others. Or maybe a total neutral like gray or black? Or silver for pizzazz? Have to go shopping.

Judy, this really is a mystery because the instructions before have included what fabrics have to go with others for contrast or matching. This time, no. That's very very interesting. :)

I too have yet to finish the scrappy but don't want to miss the beginning of this trip.