Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   APRIl 1st, 2011 BOM Spring Birhouse pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/april-1st-2011-bom-spring-birhouse-pictures-t112482.html)

SulaBug 04-14-2011 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Janetica
I wanted to do the Hoffman's woodpeckers that live in my yard, but then I realized that I needed to do a tree trunk, not a house, and then I needed to embellish the trunk. The orchids that grow on the real tree trunk are much too hard to even imagine doing, so I decided to do a philodendron. There is a minimum of sewing, and a lot of appliqué.

What a beautiful block!! Your birds look so realistic & so colorful. I love how your are making your blocks so they fit into what you are trying to achieve. Can't wait to see more. Nice job.
:D :D :D :D

SulaBug 04-14-2011 10:39 AM

OMGoodness, another darling birdhouse block & an extra birdie to boot!! :thumbup: Your fabric is so pretty & your block turned out great. What a nice job you have done, too.

SulaBug 04-14-2011 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by masufa
Ok here is my birdhouse I finished it awhile ago but am just getting around to posting it.

And here is another beauty!! :thumbup: I love the leaf fabric that you used, for the roof, on your birdhouse. How nice & such a nice job too.

karenkrafts 04-14-2011 01:47 PM

I wanted to do the Hoffman's woodpeckers that live in my yard, but then I realized that I needed to do a tree trunk, not a house, and then I needed to embellish the trunk. The orchids that grow on the real tree trunk are much too hard to even imagine doing, so I decided to do a philodendron. There is a minimum of sewing, and a lot of appliqué.

Beautiful embroidery-applique work!

karenkrafts 04-14-2011 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Surfergirl
Finished my Spring Birdhouse.

So nice...you made up my mind, I'm adding another bird!

karenkrafts 04-14-2011 01:50 PM

Ok here is my birdhouse I finished it awhile ago but am just getting around to posting it.

Your birds are just perfect!

pab58 04-14-2011 03:42 PM

How clever of you!!! I love your birds! They're beautiful!!! :thumbup:

pab58 04-14-2011 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Surfergirl
Finished my Spring Birdhouse.

Your block reminds me of summer!!! Love it!! :thumbup:

pab58 04-14-2011 03:44 PM

I just love bluebirds, and they look wonderful on your block!!! :thumbup:

cherylmae 04-14-2011 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by MisDixie
Here's my bird house block. Fun block to do.

Wow, I like that bark wood. Nice job!