Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Baltimore Album BOM March Block (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/baltimore-album-bom-march-block-t105888.html)

capucine 03-26-2011 05:58 PM

Oh OH Is it easy to do the swag??

Originally Posted by gal288
Here is a 94" square version of the quilt, I added a couple of plain borders and then an outside swag border. The border is square but it would look really nice curved with the swag!

DebbyT 03-26-2011 06:07 PM

I love the swag. Looking forward to getting to that step of constructing this next year. I pulled up the original pic, and this one, and like them both but definatly with the swag in the outer border. Thanks so much for creating the later image.

gal288 03-26-2011 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by DebbyT
I love the swag. Looking forward to getting to that step of constructing this next year. I pulled up the original pic, and this one, and like them both but definatly with the swag in the outer border. Thanks so much for creating the later image.

The swag really does make it! It's just another applique, easy to do. If anyone wants to actually cut the border in the swag shape, I will post instructions on how to cut a swag when we get to it. They are not hard to do, and you use a bias cut for the binding.

A flower can also be added at each point where the swag meets, if anyone wants to do that. I personally think the plain swag is a nice finishing touch.

Surfergirl 03-27-2011 05:50 AM

I love the outside swag border!

LastGrandma 03-27-2011 07:13 AM

Here is a 94" square version of the quilt, I added a couple of plain borders and then an outside swag border. The border is square but it would look really nice curved with the swag!

I love the swag border, but will make mine without the two interior square borders. IMHO they make the quilt a little too busy. Am really looking forward to April 8th!

fancifrock 03-27-2011 10:33 AM

Really like these additions. Think I have enough background but will check. I wonder what color I will make the swag? Can't wait until April 8 for next project.

Thanks again for all of your time and work.

Janet

tolepainter54 03-27-2011 11:16 AM

I love the swag - I'm finishing up the Boomerang 5 and then will start on this project.

gal288 03-27-2011 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by LastGrandma

I love the swag border, but will make mine without the two interior square borders. IMHO they make the quilt a little too busy. Am really looking forward to April 8th!

That's fine, but you will have to add a solid border to keep the measurements equal to fit the 12" blocks.

Glad you like the swag, it can be any color or material, I used the blue to show the impact.

capucine 03-28-2011 03:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally finished the corners now i rest my eyes and wait till the 8th for the next block:)

gal288 03-28-2011 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by capucine
Finally finished the corners now i rest my eyes and wait till the 8th for the next block:)

Beautiful, looking good