Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Block of the Month - 1st of each month 2012. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/block-month-1st-each-month-2012-a-t173193.html)

Andii 01-28-2012 12:04 PM

Jinnie, that's pretty. Does the fabric have snowy pine trees on it?

SulaBug 01-28-2012 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Sewze (Post 4919419)
Finally found the time to do this before next months pattern is available. WhoooHooo! Now if I can only get the pic resized and posted. Jinnie

Jinnie............your Snow Blossom block is wonderfull!! :D I love your yellow center with the contrasting blue fabric's. You truly have made your block personalized, just for your collection. We will be so anxious to see your February block, after it is posted, to see if you are using the same color combination. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us here today. Very nice work!!
:D :D :D :D

irishrose 01-28-2012 01:40 PM

I just found this site. I've never paper pieced and have never been in a BOM, but I'm game. I've printed my patterns and will go fabric hunting. If I don't have it finished by the 1st, I'll post it when I can. I see there's another new quilter trying so I won't be alone.

Sewze 01-28-2012 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 4919695)
I just found this site. I've never paper pieced and have never been in a BOM, but I'm game. I've printed my patterns and will go fabric hunting. If I don't have it finished by the 1st, I'll post it when I can. I see there's another new quilter trying so I won't be alone.

Irishrose, welcome and please do join in for this Calendar. No rush to finish by the 1st. Enjoy the learning process. PP is fun and very exacting for making points. We're here to help you, if needed. Jinnie

dixie_fried 01-28-2012 03:09 PM

It was my first try at paper piecing. I had a few glitches, but, if you can sew on the printed lines, it's not hard at all! It looks far more involved than it is, IMHO. Good luck!
Can't wait to see what you make!

stichinluvr 01-29-2012 07:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's January's snowblossom.

SulaBug 01-29-2012 11:58 PM

Welcome Irishrose!! :D We are all so excited to have you joining in the 2012 BOM Calendar theme project. You will never be along in this project, as all of us are here & more than willing to help you out if you need us. Sharing & caring is our goal for everyone. Have fun shopping for your fabric's. We will be looking forward to seeing your block when it's finished & posted on the picture thread. I know you can do it!!

SulaBug 01-30-2012 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by stichinluvr (Post 4923832)
Here's January's snowblossom.

Oh My!! :D Another beautiful Snow Blossom block has just been posted today. You ladies continue to amaze me each time I sign on to see what's going on for the day. Your block turned out really nice. I like the fabric color combination that you picked to portray your Snow Blossom, it is very striking. Nice sewmanship too. Thank you again for sharing with all of us here on the quilting board!!

dd 01-30-2012 05:33 AM

Sew, the link to the Feb block will be posted on this thread, correct? Then we really won't be using the other 2 threads, correct? There will be 2 new threads for pics and patterns for Feb, correct?

Andii 01-30-2012 08:05 AM

stichinluvr, your block is very striking. I like the contrast.

dd, you are correct that there will be two new threads started for February. The threads for January will still be here for any latecomers to enjoy but 2 new threads will be posted under Block of the Month. It's almost here! I just noticed it's leap year!