Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter "Easy Street" thread? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/bonnie-hunter-easy-street-thread-t206174.html)

Fraew 11-25-2012 01:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Washed, ironed and ready to go. Just waiting for the grey to arrive.

I never prewash, but found some $1 fat quarters at Joann's this weekend to add to the stash. I decided to wash everything so that they would play nice together. Joann's also has the suggested rulers on sale for 50% off. I think the prices are good through the weekend.

mirabelle 11-25-2012 05:10 AM

JeanieG I love your fabrics, wish I was joining you on this one but sadly I have to pass, just too too much to finish.

Xtgirl 11-25-2012 05:22 AM

Fraew-I like your grey. I'm afraid to wash those fat quarters as I worry I'll lose too much material with fraying. Anyone have some suggestions? I'll take a pic of mine soon.

gardnergal970 11-25-2012 06:06 AM

Jeanie & Fraew...what beautiful colors. Last week I was dreaming about cutting into the bright colors to see how they would play against each other. I'm still dreaming...quite literally. Last night dreamt that the next step was to....no I better not say or someone will get mixed up and do it that way instead of the real way.
xtgirl...if you really want to wash, you can do them by hand in the sink. That would be gentle enough to avoid most fraying. I've also heard that putting them in a pillowcase in the regular wash helps. I've never done either.

brookemarie19 11-25-2012 07:04 AM

Bonnie is having a Quilt cam for those of you who watch them today at 2pm Eastern time. I will be working on my Step 1 while watching her this afternoon.

Fraew 11-25-2012 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Xtgirl (Post 5678130)
Fraew-I like your grey. I'm afraid to wash those fat quarters as I worry I'll lose too much material with fraying. Anyone have some suggestions? I'll take a pic of mine soon.

Thanks. I had a nice sized ball of thread after washing but they were almost all fat quarters. I even washed some layer cake pieces...glad I did because they shrunk to 9.25 x 9.75!!!!

I would also like to hear some tricks to minimize fraying; delicates netted bag didn't work any better for me.

skowron5 11-25-2012 08:37 AM

My fabric

1 Attachment(s)
This is not the best picture. Here are my fabrics. I am making half the size since this is my first myster quilt. The greens didn't turn out the true colors.

Xtgirl 11-25-2012 11:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
These are my color choices. Some of my purples are quite blue..hope that ends up working. I think I'm going to start by making half to hope that I can stick with it. When will part 2 go up so I can give myself a deadline?

JeanieG 11-25-2012 11:38 AM

Wow, what beautiful color choices everyone. Xtgirl - she will post the updates on Friday mornings.

quiltsRfun 11-25-2012 12:34 PM

Yes, gorgeous choices Xtgirl