Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Dear Jane I9, K9, M8, & TR5 pics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/dear-jane-i9-k9-m8-tr5-pics-t32596.html)

BlueChicken 01-09-2010 01:51 PM

Sheree your blocks are stunning! I love the three colours.

I played around with doing three colours too, and there are some blocks that just can't have all three. After I'd recoloured the whole quilt I sat back and looked for any that jumped out and rearranged the colours. You can see at a glance if there's too much red, or too much blue in one section of the quilt. As long as you balance those out it will look fantastic. I can't wait to see more, they look really good!

Sheree from Chicago 01-09-2010 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by retrogirl02
OOOh Sheree, you're colors are rockin'!! Love the combo.

I'm adding pix of mine to the mix. I'm not doing the triangles because they aren't in my design. I thought about just doing them for the fun of it but decided to stick to the plan.

Best wishes to Elle & DH. We're thinking of you.

Hey Retrogirl!
I'm really liking your retro fabrics. Your blocks look great and I think your choice of fabrics is going to be fun. I think you made a wise decision in planning your Dear Jane not to add the triangles. I love em but the fun of it is not all it seems to be cracked up to be! Giggles

cheriffic 01-09-2010 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain

Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Here's mine.....

I'm really pleased, with the colours, the points, everything. :-)

Great piecing and color. Love that blue!

Hi been reading all your comments on the hand piecing and I plan to do this. My DH starts his chemo Monday so will take it along with me, just hope I can concentrate though, may take my mind of things. Elle

Hugs and Luv from MA will say lots of prayers. So sorry you and Hubby have to go through this.
Cher

cheriffic 01-09-2010 02:36 PM

Great Job Luv and 2 sets Wow! I love both colors

Cher

Sheree from Chicago 01-09-2010 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Sheree your blocks are stunning! I love the three colours.

I played around with doing three colours too, and there are some blocks that just can't have all three. After I'd recoloured the whole quilt I sat back and looked for any that jumped out and rearranged the colours. You can see at a glance if there's too much red, or too much blue in one section of the quilt. As long as you balance those out it will look fantastic. I can't wait to see more, they look really good!

Thank you Blue! You are a dear.

Butterflyspain 01-09-2010 03:54 PM

Thanks everyone for all your kind words, that means a lot to me and Colin too.

Elle

luvmortherest 01-09-2010 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by cheriffic
Great Job Luv and 2 sets Wow! I love both colors

Cher

thank you.

NorBanaquilts 01-09-2010 04:22 PM

I can't believe every one is doing such an awesome job. This is 1 very taleneted group! It's so much fun seeing the different fabrics being used and how it changes the block.

bchuggins 01-09-2010 04:34 PM

Here are my blocks - Everyone is doing such an awesome job! Happy Quilting!
Sorry I just realized I attached to the wrong one - Is there a way to delete my photo?

kluedesigns 01-09-2010 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by bchuggins
Here are my blocks - Everyone is doing such an awesome job! Happy Quilting!
Sorry I just realized I attached to the wrong one - Is there a way to delete my photo?

looks like you figured out how to delete them