Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/elisabrats-medallion-style-quilt-along-t236801.html)

works4me 01-02-2014 01:52 PM

That looks great Oksewnsew. I like the pale pink contrast with the black and white. That will be quite striking.

linbails 01-02-2014 03:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I just finished my 1st round and I think it turned out ok. I also went with the all hallows block . I am using all fabric from my stash so I'm not sure where I am going with it.I had fun working on this today, I haven't made any blocks like I used in the round so I learned a new technic. Which is always fun . :)

MamaHen 01-02-2014 03:27 PM

linbails, that is very nice, your possibilities are endless. I'm also using that same border but arranging my slightly differently. I'm using from my stash also, trying to work different colors together, will be fun see how all of these turn out. Good job, now we will have 4 weeks to wait till the next one.

Oksewnsew 01-02-2014 03:44 PM

Oh that is pretty linbails, kinda gives me an idea of what mine 'might' look like..lol That's the border I am using too.

Quilter 65 01-02-2014 04:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
linballs, I really like that block.

I have finished the center and have the first round's blocks all made. Will assemble them and add to center later tonight, I hope. The very center star is a block I made for another quilt and decided that another combination would be better. It was a 12 inch and I wanted to grow it to 18 so added the frame and the border fabric.

I am intimidated by all the beautiful blocks that have been posted. The color combinations and the originality is wonderful. I enjoy reading the new posts all the time. Here's mine:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]454473[/ATTACH]

whitepine 01-02-2014 04:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quilter 65, you've got a lot of great colors in that one to play with.

Elizabrat, I like yellow a lot and yours is going to be so sunny.

I can't keep doing this or I'll run out of material. :p It's because I'm not happy with any of them but have decided on the blue.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]454475[/ATTACH]

mimiknoxtaylor 01-02-2014 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by vickig626 (Post 6487756)
what's the name of this block? I love it and love paper piecing.

Okay, Vicki, I found it. The name is Oakhurst Morning Star & it was the BOM for Feb. 2011. You can go to the main page to find it. If you can get this link to work this is it
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-99899-1.htm

jaba 01-02-2014 06:00 PM

OMG, you ladies are doing fantastic!! Your rounds look beautiful and they fit like they're suppose too! Phew, maybe I picked a border that was right. You're going to be so surprised at how your quilts turn out, think you will love them!!
Mom-6 think I would put your block on center now if it were mine. Maybe even with your team fabric and then the next round go with your solid colors. If you wait until the very end, they will be huge triangles that you have to put on to square it up, lots of fabric with no movement. Think you would be happier with it on now and remember you don't have to go with a 6/12" border next time if a 4 1/2" will look better. Not a set rule here, you could put on 4 1/2 or 6 1/2 every border if you want.

m-fay 01-02-2014 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by linbails (Post 6488764)
Well I just finished my 1st round and I think it turned out ok. I also went with the all hallows block . I am using all fabric from my stash so I'm not sure where I am going with it.I had fun working on this today, I haven't made any blocks like I used in the round so I learned a new technic. Which is always fun . :)

Awsome Linbails

bibliostone 01-02-2014 06:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by mom-6 (Post 6488303)
My center is 17-1/2" side to side and 24-1/2" corner to corner.

I'm currently considering squaring it up to the 24-1/2".
Just not sure how I want to do it. Once again I'm discarding ideas right and left. 

Here is one idea. Square it up using something like half a log cabin block. Below is a quick sketch I did in paint to let you see what I mean. You could miter each color, or add them to a triangle like you do in a log cabin block.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]454488[/ATTACH]