Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/elisabrats-medallion-style-quilt-along-t236801.html)

VickiM 02-01-2014 07:53 AM

Elizabrat, that is perfect for the next border...you saw how I love that kind of border with the baby quilt I made. I love this! Jaba, I love your 2nd one also, will plan on using that one on a quilt at another time. Fun, fun, fun! :)

thimblebug6000 02-01-2014 09:04 AM

Thanks for the new border options, think I'll do the friendship star one. Have my walking group first though...and then need to start preparing food for super bowl.... but then hope to at least choose my fabrics :D

Elisabrat 02-01-2014 10:48 AM

glad these options will open up all sorts of possibilities for your new round. Feel free to use one, feel free to use one you have found you would like to try (let us know where you found it if you could!). Jaba your tutorials are always so much more precise than mine.. but this round I think needed the variety as we all are so different in our centers.. and not everyone can use a four block round as it wouldn't fit evenly so hence the use one square across and that should work even or uneven :) In theory of course. Well got home from clinic time for my wonderful 3 hour nap.. not much gets done on these days. Can't wait for tomorrow.. a quilty day for sure!

jaba 02-01-2014 11:18 AM

It will be fun to see what all of you decide for your next border. Each quilt is so different and with all the different colors they never look the same. Sew much fun!!

omacookie 02-01-2014 11:42 AM

Rodney I too did not think I would start with a Sun Bonnet Sue. It is turning out really cute and will be a baby quilt. Brat take a nap then you can get some fabrics suffled around for tomorrows sewing. Go Denver !!!!!

giquilt 02-01-2014 11:48 AM

This center & 1st round look fantastic. Looks like all one block!

sustraley 02-01-2014 01:58 PM

Lots of great possibilities. Can't decide yet.

VickiM 02-01-2014 04:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Played catch-up on the snow days & finished up the first round today, so now I'm ready for this next round. I have alot of larger scraps from breast cancer quilts I make for Octobers...so I'm using that & the blackish greyish with dot swirls from my grandson's t-shirt quilt I made last year...hope I have enough. All from scraps & stash...that's what I like! :)

Elisabrat 02-01-2014 05:08 PM

what a pretty pink quilt! that will be so striking! I love the though of using up my scraps too.. wish they would use up faster! maybe a few can find their way into Judys new table topper mystery quilt. Think she said 50 or so 5 inch pieces right? that I know I have! now do they go together? not so sure about that.

Elisabrat 02-02-2014 07:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
thought you all might enjoy reading this it completely cracked me up. It described how I prepare to sew myself!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]460076[/ATTACH]