Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The Farmer's Wife Quilt-Along Discussion Page-Week 13 Blocks 25 & 26 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/farmers-wife-quilt-along-discussion-page-week-13-blocks-25-26-a-t72530.html)

Quilting Nonnie 11-01-2010 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by makklynn
Hello,
I am new to this discussion, but have been following you all from the beginning. I am trying to catch up by working on the current week's blocks and completing 1 or 2 more from the past each week. Do you want me to post photos into the past weeks? My plan is to use at least a little cream in each of my blocks regardless of the other colors. Happy Quilting! P.S. I love all of your finished blocks!

Welcome to our group! You'll have lots of fun!

Yes, we post our blocks in the past week's spots. Nearly all of us have the past weeks on "watch" so that they get notified when a new posting occurs.

Don't worry about being "behind." We're all doing this at our own pace. There are others who are near the beginning, and ones, like me, who are about 8-12 weeks behind!

We set our own pace and the idea is to have fun. I'll be looking forward to seeing you post your blocks as you finish them!

Honchey 11-01-2010 07:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, I finally got #26 done and i had alot of trouble doing it because I decided to fussy cut the 3 squares. I'm rethinking doing that again!!! AND The HST's are backwards. I'm so glad I can move on! My scanner is acting up so I don't know how this photo will come out.

Block # 25 Cut Glass Dish
[ATTACH=CONFIG]117204[/ATTACH]

janRN 11-01-2010 08:31 AM

Love your block, Honchey. Everyone is doing such beautiful work. I had a point or 2 cut off on block 26 but I'm hoping it will just "blend in" when I put sashing on (or bind it as one of my 100+ potholders LOL).

Evie 11-01-2010 10:35 AM

Honchey, I love your block, despite it being "backwards." Is there such a thing in piecing? :)

Qbird 11-01-2010 10:39 AM

does anyone know how I can get on Laurie's site for her download of templates? We are in Arizona now for the winter and the link is on the Illinois computer, I have the cd but want to use her download where all the templates for one block are on one page-- printed out up to #61 in Illinois but now am ready for more. thanks

Honchey 11-01-2010 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Qbird
does anyone know how I can get on Laurie's site for her download of templates? We are in Arizona now for the winter and the link is on the Illinois computer, I have the cd but want to use her download where all the templates for one block are on one page-- printed out up to #61 in Illinois but now am ready for more. thanks

Hi Lucy, go to the original thread in Blocks of the Month and Week. It's right at the top of it. open the thread then in the "rules" it's the 3rd paragraph that has the info. Anne

makklynn 11-02-2010 05:43 AM

How do you place the thread on watch? I have mine all bookmarked, but would really like to receive notice when a new post or reply is added.

Honchey 11-02-2010 10:01 AM

I post the new threads every Tuesday Evening after 10 pm. there are 3 of them. 1. rotary cutting. 2. Discussion page. 3. Photo page. All three relate to the two new blocks every week. Anne

mirabelle 11-02-2010 04:36 PM

Great blocks everyone, I am going to try and catch up in the next few weeks. I have just spent three weeks with my daughter, 2 days to drive home, about 17 hours sitting in a car is really playing havoc with my back today.
I have to finish 4 charity quilts before the end of the month then I can get back to my FWS.
So I had better get off this computer hadn't I.

Oh and I received a lovely surprise when I arrived home, my darling darling hubby had painted our bedroom and the bathroom and toilet, what a sweetie, might keep him. :thumbup:

Halfsquare 01-05-2011 05:08 PM

Okay - I am starting to get going again. You guys are so fast!