Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt-Along Week 6 Photos for Blocks 11 & 12 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/farmers-wife-sampler-quilt-along-week-6-photos-blocks-11-12-a-t63769.html)

omak 09-26-2010 03:40 PM

Even though I am not participating, I do own the book, it is on my bedstead, I am looking at it, and I am THRILLED to be watching all your work and colors and accomplishments.
For those who are just starting or who think they shouldn't post past blocks that they have finally caught up with, may I say
PLEASE POST ALL BLOCKS as soon as you have them done.
I watch all the threads for this project in hopes that I will figure out when to do what and how (not a lack of ability or fabric, just a choice of "to do or not to do") ....so please!
Keep posting pictures even if you are behind - - I will as soon as I start <g> <wave>

pamdux 09-26-2010 04:58 PM

I agree I love to see all the blocks as they are posted. I am almost done unpacking and ready to get back to sewing.

JAGSD 09-27-2010 05:01 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Everybodies blocks look absolutely Beautiful! Love all the different colors in them!
Here are my #11 and #12

4" -#12 Broken Sugar Bowl-Scrappy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]109893[/ATTACH]

4"- #11 Broken Dishes-Scrappy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]109894[/ATTACH]

3"- #11- Broken Dishes- 30's fabrics
[ATTACH=CONFIG]109895[/ATTACH]

3"- #12- Broken Sugar Bowl- 30's Fabrics
[ATTACH=CONFIG]109994[/ATTACH]

Darcene 09-27-2010 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by JAGSD
Everybodies blocks look absolutely Beautiful! Love all the different colors in them!
Here are my #11 and #12

Judy, your blocks are wonderful---as usual, of course.....

JAGSD 09-27-2010 06:02 PM

Thanks Darcene,
They are such fun!

piledriver 09-30-2010 04:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone, I think I've finally (almost) caught up. Just when I thought I had, I read a posting this evening that said we are on Blocks 17 & 18 this week. By my count I thought we were on 15 & 16 and they'd be due on the 5th. Whatever - I'll get there. Life has been hectic and I've woefully been playing "catch up" from the very beginning of this project. I couldn't rest until I had ALL my fabrics for ALL the blocks chosen, purchased washed and folded (and a good bit of them cut...not as many as I'd like cut but at least a month ahead). Now I just have to figure out what blocks I'm supposed to be working on. I haven't even had ANY time to read anything on the board since maybe August 10th or so. So tonight I hope to post all my blocks that I've done to date (and I guess I should repeat this message with each week's photo?) Hopefully I can stay with the group & ask questions of the group instead of pulling my own hair out. I am paper piecing and so far I've enjoyed this, even the frustrations that I have caused myself. I'm pretty sure I can be counted as a "convert" to paper piecing. Can't wait until I find time to look at everyone's posted blocks. Cathy in Baltimore County MD

rwquilts 10-01-2010 06:42 AM

Pretty blocks!

omak 10-01-2010 05:53 PM

You all are doing WONDERFUL work!
Almost ... almost persuaded to participate, but in the meantime <g> I will just cheer you all along <wave>

Cyndi H 10-01-2010 06:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I had these done last weekend, but lost my camera's battery charger - had to go buy a new one. I decided to do Broken Dishes REALLY scrappy - I had a bunch of leftover HSTs from other projects and just trimmed them down for this block.

pamdux 10-04-2010 07:40 AM

love the scrappy look.