Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   February 2010 Block of the Month - Cross My Heart - PICTURES (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/february-2010-block-month-cross-my-heart-pictures-t35167.html)

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 01-26-2010 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by MamaBear61
Beautiful block, I absolutely love your center fabric

VIP Fabric from Walmart. There are several shades of greens and beige/creams.

JanieW 01-26-2010 06:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yours is gorgeous , Lisa.

Here's mine. I did it!

close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]66069[/ATTACH]

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 01-26-2010 07:44 PM

Yours looks great, Janie! That star fabric is pretty. I like the sparkle.

aberi 01-27-2010 03:57 AM

Great Janie... now I think more people will try this now... you did a perfect job.. .Love the colours!!!

JanieW 01-27-2010 07:24 AM

Thanks for the nice comments. I am over the moon. I am so glad I tried this, it was such a wonderful feeling of accomplishment.

Looking forward to seeing more successes!

Ducky 01-27-2010 08:35 AM

They both look so great!!!!! You two give me hope -- I've done very little with paper piecing. Glad to hear this is an easy one.

I'm excited to get mine done, but need to finish a lap quilt first. I want to all 12 months in batiks -- and I still need to finish January's sunflower.

missgigglewings 01-27-2010 08:39 AM

OK JanieW...Now I gotta try it. PP scares me to death because I will not quit till I succeed and it drives me crazy till I do it right. OCD my daughter says! So I'M off to pp.

Lizzydripping 01-27-2010 01:23 PM

I'm new to paper piecing but am having a go. Not going to be beaten.

However, I have a question. This block looks as though it is going to turn out at 11.5". Am I right? Do I need to scale it up to match the January block or can I just add a small background border when it is finished and squared up?

As I am quite new to quilting, I am not too sure what to do for the best.

aberi 01-27-2010 01:25 PM

I think you should use scant quarter inch margins.. and you should be ok. If not than a thin border would work as well!

SharonC 01-27-2010 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lizzydripping
I'm new to paper piecing but am having a go. Not going to be beaten.

However, I have a question. This block looks as though it is going to turn out at 11.5". Am I right? Do I need to scale it up to match the January block or can I just add a small background border when it is finished and squared up?

As I am quite new to quilting, I am not too sure what to do for the best.

When you printed your pattern did you reset to "none"? My first pattern was set on another default (I think it was size to fit or something like that) and it printed out and I measured it and where it was supposed to be 6 1/2" it was actually just shy of 6". Hope this helps :) I'm going to attempt mine tomorrow.