Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS 30's Quilt-Along Week 15 Block 29 Doris & Block 30 Em (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-30s-quilt-along-week-15-block-29-doris-block-30-em-t272094.html)

Honchey 11-10-2015 06:41 AM

The FWS 30's Quilt-Along Week 15 Block 29 Doris & Block 30 Em

Hi Everyone,
Doris looks to be an easy block & Em is rather busy but fairly easy to do.. I have my fabric chosen for these two blocks and that is as far as I am with these two.. How about you ? Anyone have blocks to show?

Pam P 11-10-2015 06:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I do! Em was very time consuming!

Honchey 11-10-2015 07:09 AM

Thank Goodness Pam!!! Pretty blocks and fabrics. Love the little umbrellas and your Em looks better than the photo in the book :)

Pam P 11-10-2015 07:18 AM

Thanks Anne, I have been waiting to use the umbrella fabric. It came in a collection I ordered online. This seemed like the right block for it. I was happy with Em too but I swear I worked on it for 3 hours. Glad to see you back online and hope you are feeling much better.

Honchey 11-10-2015 09:03 AM

3 hours, that's all????? a block like Em takes me all day!

QuiltingNinaSue 11-10-2015 09:35 AM

I may well be the slowest kid on the block (s)! Doris is done, but after many frustrating days, Em is only half done...but I like the half that is done except the colors...the ones I wanted to use did not come together. I am pp Em since the first try not pp did not work out, it was 'wonky' for sure.

Pam, I love your Doris and Em. Well done. Love your fabrics and colors and block-work too!

Pam P 11-10-2015 10:28 AM

haha the 3 hours did not include choosing the fabric nor cutting the pieces. Just the sewing part and it may have been more than that because I stopped a few times.

Thank you QNS : )

janRN 11-10-2015 06:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These aren't my favorites, not happy with my color choices or that the stitching shows. Guess I should have used darker thread. Pam, your blocks are so pretty, happy blocks.[ATTACH=CONFIG]535423[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 11-10-2015 06:47 PM

JanRN, I love your uses and batiks and how you combine your colors there. Wish I had that 'better' eye to see the vision in batiks. Just half of Em is done although I now have all the pieces cut out to put together...hopefully, tomorrow.

Depends on the storm that starts at midnight tonight with strong winds, possible tornado or two in the area. Hail comes in the afternoon tomorrow. We shall see what happens tomorrow. We do not have a weather radio 'cause radios do not work in a steel constructed home. May it be a good day where you are tomorrow.

givio 11-10-2015 08:48 PM

Oh! my goodness! Is that 84 pieces in a 6" block? Oksewglad will like it! :-) ...I'm glad I didn't look ahead. Still behind on the blocks, but definitely not giving up. Just behind. I've been working a quilt top-- but it's finished now and I can get back to where I left off with FW.