Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Fws Photos for Week 3 Blocks 5&6 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-photos-week-3-blocks-5-6-a-t60015.html)

Debo 08-24-2010 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by rwquilts
LOL! When I read this thread's posts, I had to go into my sewing room and count my "pot holder" blocks and I have 3 so far. We really should have a pot holder exchange after this is over, huh? I thought I'd take some and make decorative pillows out of them to match the quilt!

Now that's a good idea! I had the most trouble with the basket one. I have several of those. :roll:

peppermint31 08-24-2010 08:13 AM

Mine is # 13. It is 7 inches! am considering putting it in a corner & making my sashings smaller. maybe I will let it alone for a while and eventually take it apart again

Rosyhf 08-24-2010 01:30 PM

Ohhhhh, I love the Christmas blocks. I have 15 blocks done. I think I will do a couple more today, it's dark and rainy and I have finished reading another book by Cookson.

PJL 08-24-2010 01:36 PM

I am going home now and tonight I'm once again attempting #7. I'm going slowly and using Honchey's ideas above.

Will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Nanjun 08-24-2010 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by PJL
I am going home now and tonight I'm once again attempting #7. I'm going slowly and using Honchey's ideas above.

Will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Has anyone posted a picture of #7? I dont have a picture of it and now I am afraid to attempt making it.

MzMcKee 08-24-2010 02:24 PM

You're right number 7 and 13 are both bears. But I feel I should tell you to prepare yourself for number 18. I didn't understand the lay out so I tweaked mine.

peppermint31 08-24-2010 03:43 PM

I looked at 18. That is a draw on graph paper and pp for me.

Debo 08-24-2010 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by MzMcKee
You're right number 7 and 13 are both bears. But I feel I should tell you to prepare yourself for number 18. I didn't understand the lay out so I tweaked mine.

I worked on #13 for 3 evenings in a row. Finally I threw it down and told my husband I was going to have to finish it later! The next evening I picked it up and finished it. I have no idea how many times I ripped it out and started over. Thought I would never get all the points together.

Honchey 08-24-2010 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Debo

Originally Posted by MzMcKee

I worked on #13 for 3 evenings in a row. Finally I threw it down and told my husband I was going to have to finish it later! The next evening I picked it up and finished it. I have no idea how many times I ripped it out and started over. Thought I would never get all the points together.

I've done a quilt based on the same design. Make all the outside triangles that you add to the end of each row larger. The excess gets trimmed off after the block is completed--you will have very nice points.

ruacajun2 08-24-2010 06:32 PM

I made Block #7 It took time and patience but I think I did a pretty good job. Good Luck on making yours.