Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Photo Page Week 2 "Alabama & Apple Tree" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-photo-page-week-2-alabama-apple-tree-t175195.html)

dublb 01-31-2012 04:57 PM

Oksewglad - I really like how your colors play! Lovely Block.

QuiltE 01-31-2012 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 4930331)
Still not loving PP'ing.

Patience my dear, Patience ... it takes time!!!!!
(and all the other sage old words of wisdom ... Rome wasn't built in a day, etc!)
BTS ... the week 5 threads are now up and waiting for one and all!)

oksewglad 01-31-2012 10:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My apples are crab"by" apples. Could be worse-"road apples". I had to put a foreground in as I thought the tree was just floating in space.
Sure like scanning the blocks over photos; less time consuming for sure even if all missing points and stray threads are visible!
Have 4 more blocks to catch up, but think I'[ATTACH=CONFIG]307970[/ATTACH]m in paper overload.

JeanieG 01-31-2012 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 4931196)
My apples are crab"by" apples. Could be worse-"road apples". I had to put a foreground in as I thought the tree was just floating in space.
Sure like scanning the blocks over photos; less time consuming for sure even if all missing points and stray threads are visible!
Have 4 more blocks to catch up, but think I'[ATTACH=CONFIG]307970[/ATTACH]m in paper overload.

Great work oksewglad! That is one beautiful block!

janRN 02-01-2012 05:48 AM

Very pretty block, OK. I don't see any missing points. Love the fabric you used.

ArteEmCasa 02-01-2012 06:37 PM

Another beautiful block, oksewglad!

dublb 02-01-2012 07:22 PM

I used ta have a crab apple tree! It died. :( I like your crab apple tree!

JanieW 02-03-2012 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 4931196)

I love your apple, tree, oksewglad.
:D Road apples, bwhahahaha!

When it was really cold, which was usually all winter, we used road apples to play road hockey. They worked really well as long as they stayed frozen, come spring, not so much. :D

oksewglad 02-03-2012 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by JanieW (Post 4938199)
I love your apple, tree, oksewglad.
:D Road apples, bwhahahaha!

When it was really cold, which was usually all winter, we used road apples to play road hockey. They worked really well as long as they stayed frozen, come spring, not so much. :D

Spoken like a true farm kid--Canadian style!!

ArteEmCasa 02-03-2012 02:18 PM

Wow! another beautiful block by oksewglad.

PS. I'm here trying to understand ... a grab apple tree and road apple. I don't know about what are you talking about.