Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along week 13 Clover Leaf & Captain's Wheel Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-week-13-clover-leaf-captains-wheel-discussion-page-t184185.html)

JeanieG 03-29-2012 02:09 PM

OMG what beautiful flowers you are enjoying!

QuiltE 03-29-2012 06:53 PM

ooooooooooooh QNSue ... I feel that breath of spring air and all the prettyness with it. I've never seen magnolias with so much colour. The ones here are very white, with a touch of pink/mauve ... and actually some of them are already out in bloom. Just too early and with the frost the other night, I'd fear they were destroyed. As I said before, I love my lilacs!! I've never seen the ornamental peach before, what a bright shock of colour.

Just too bad that the spring flowers wouldn't last all summer!! :) I would so love to find more flowering trees/shrubs for throughout the summer. Thank you for sharing your lovely gardens with us!

mirabelle 03-30-2012 12:39 AM

Well winter is about to start here although in the tropics we only have 2 seasons the wet and the dry, can't wait for the dry to start, the highway won't be closed due to flooding, and I won't be squelching around my yard
I loved your flowers QNS reminded me of my childhood, the city I grew up in was nicknamed the Garden City and we had the Carnival of Flowers every September, and all the gardens would be judged.

QuiltE 03-30-2012 08:22 AM

MiraB ... were you raised here in Ontario? as St. Catherines is called the Garden City! I guess there's good and bad news in going from the wet to the dry season!

I think it was
QNSue that said to check out this youtube video ... if not my apologies to whomever did!
What a hoot ..... ENJOY Dear Friends!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzoL7ddTEnA

QuiltE 03-30-2012 12:03 PM

achooo!! ... I think all these spring flowers are filling my head up ... yup, my head is swimming! My eyes are puffy! ..... and I'm trying to crunch numbers?? Not good at all!

Is anyone else getting anxious? ....... for the next milestone thread to see all the groupings again.
I just SO want to see how everyone's groups are coming together ... and that's not so far away.

Yes, says she, who has not posted to the 15 milestone ... I put my blocks up on the design wall last night. With 20 made, I have 4 to make and I can post to the 15!! And only 2 more after that and I am caught up with yinz! :)

QuiltingNinaSue 03-30-2012 02:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Go QuiltE!! Did my taxes and waiting for refund. Did all 6 table runners for FIL memory and they go across the road the LA Monday. Did my center for the Civil War Journal, so its caught up to work with a friend on Tuesday. Can work on FWQ tomorrow and Sunday; the PC on Monday...and get caught up there.

Ordered chickens that will come in May. Dark Cornish and Rhode Island Red pullets with one free baby chick coming by USPO. Debating about the barnyard mixture of ducks(6) and turkeys(6). Ducks will need a waterhole to swim in and may eat the bark off the fruit trees.[ATTACH=CONFIG]323917[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]323918[/ATTACH]Tulips usually bloom in May, but are in full bloom now...wonder what that means for the usual "spring" and summer?

And the Spring Break on QB begins on Tuesday, April 3rd?

mirabelle 03-31-2012 07:45 PM

QuiltE I grew up in a city called Toowoomba in Queensland Australia, would love to visit Canada one day

JanieW 04-01-2012 07:22 AM

Thanks for your pictures, QuiltingNinaSue. To see the green grass and sunny tulips is a real treat for me. I am still looking at piles of dirty snow and patches of brown dead grass so your pictures really lift the spirits. Thanks for taking the time to post them.

I was poking around in my south flower bed yesterday and found some grape hyacinths that are starting to come up so there is a whisper of spring around the corner.

QuiltE 04-01-2012 05:49 PM

Made some good headway once I got over that "threat" of relapse on Friday! Now if I hadn't been dragged by that, I would have had so much more done.

QNSue ... Hope that you had the productive FWS weekend you'd planned!!! You've got a lot on the go, quilting, gardening and all your fine feathered friends!! :) Thanks for all your beautiful spring pictures!

JanieW ... Spring will come ......... someday, right? and then you will be able to play in the mud and puddles when you look after the Grands!!!!! :)

LovingIzabella 04-02-2012 05:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a long way to go to catch up with you all but I am hoping to get quite a few done this week :)
Love the spring flowers. I will have to see if I can post pictures of mine. I will however share with you a picture of a butterfly on my lilac bush from last year. I couldn't believe how good the shot came out. (especially since it was with my phone!)
And oh yeah I am still working on that clover block. I have decided even though I did not, do not and probably never will like the y-seams on the Wheel mine is staying the way it is :)
Hugs
April