Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Week 3 Blocks "At the Depot & Arizona" Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-week-3-blocks-depot-arizona-photo-page-t176006.html)

works4me 04-12-2014 08:45 AM

Thank you dublb.
QuiltE - Thanks. The blue looks darker on the design wall. Amazing the things a camera picks up. You won't have too long to wait for the burgundy as I'm planning to do some two colour blocks so I can combine the sage with each of my other batiks. It has to happen eventually, so why not at the beginning?

works4me 04-12-2014 09:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And here is Arizona. I've decided to concentrate on two colour blocks for a bit so I can see the sage combined with each of the other batiks.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]471318[/ATTACH]

oksewglad 04-12-2014 05:53 PM

Now that one really glows! Do the variances in the colors in your batiks pose a challenge as well?

works4me 04-13-2014 07:13 AM

Thank you for following along oksewglad. I appreciate the encouragement. I'm actually ignoring any variances, for the most part, and just letting the pieces fall where they may. :)

QuiltE 04-13-2014 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 6672765)
Now that one really glows! Do the variances in the colors in your batiks pose a challenge as well?

I agree .... a real nice glow!
I never saw the orange in the sage, til I saw this block ... it has really drawn it out.
Likewise how the orange pulled the orange out of the brown batiks in Bright Hopes.
One of the amazing things of batiks!

W4Me ... Good plan to work on the two colour blocks to help with a balance.
Do you have oodles of sage to keep it as your constant?

JeanieG 04-13-2014 08:36 AM

Just beautiful!

works4me 04-13-2014 08:58 AM

QuiltE - the orange in the sage batik looked really soft brown/tan in the clover block. It appears it was a good choice for a constant. Originally, I chose it because it was a soft colour and seemed like it would play nice. Now, I see all the other colours I never noticed before. And even those colours seem to change.

Thanks JeanieG - I'm glad to have you following along.

QuiltE 04-13-2014 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by works4me (Post 6673498)
QuiltE - ..........It appears it was a good choice for a constant. .........And even those colours seem to change.........

Definitely a good choice!!!

You've seen it working already where you have used 2 with the sage ... the more you do that, the more the blending and unity will happen, and will help to pull the singles (with the sage) together with all.

Anael 04-14-2014 10:16 AM

Beautiful blocks w4me! I love the sage fabric, it really has a lot of colours you wouldn't notice without using other fabrics with it. I hope this makes sense :)

works4me 04-14-2014 12:17 PM

It makes perfect sense Anael as I'm noticing colours in the sage that I never saw before, too. :)